NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: BTN
- City: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Venue: Huntington Bank Stadium
|Minnesota||-7.5 (-101)||O 40.5 (-113)||-294|
|Michigan State||+7.5 (-120)||U 40.5 (-112)||+229|
The Minnesota Golden Gophers (4-3) and Michigan State Spartans (2-5) will face off in a battle of two conference rivals. The Golden Gophers are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -7.5). An over/under of 40.5 points has been established for the matchup.
The Golden Gophers head into this matchup after a 12-10 win over the Iowa Hawkeyes in their most recent outing. The Spartans’ last game was a 49-0 loss to the Michigan Wolverines.
We’ve got all the info you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Minnesota vs. Michigan State Key Stats
- Minnesota’s average points scored this season, 20.3, is 7.6 fewer than the 27.9 Michigan State is giving up.
- Minnesota is 1-1 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it scores more than 27.9 points.
- When Michigan State limits opposing offenses to less than 20.3 points, it is 2-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread.
- Michigan State puts up 18.9 points per game, 5.4 fewer than Minnesota gives up (24.3).
- When Michigan State scores more than 24.3 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- When Minnesota allows opponents to put up less than 18.9 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
Below are a few more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||302.7 (126)||326.3 (117)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||338.0 (35)||354.4 (45)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||170.9 (49)||108.7 (118)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||131.9 (129)||217.6 (82)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (38)||17 (126)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||13 (20)||9 (78)|
Minnesota vs. Michigan State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Minnesota averages 20.3 points per game against Michigan State’s 18.9, amounting to 1.3 points under the game’s total of 40.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 52.2 points per game, 11.7 more than this contest’s over/under.
- Minnesota has won just one game against the spread this season.
- Michigan State has won two games against the spread this season.
- Minnesota has not covered the spread when favored by 7.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Michigan State has covered the spread once this season (1-2 ATS) when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Minnesota Statistical Leaders
- Athan Kaliakmanis has compiled 923 passing yards (131.9 per game) while completing 86 of 161 throws (53.4%), with six touchdowns and six interceptions. He has tacked on 76 rushing yards (and two touchdowns), averaging 10.9 per game.
- Darius Taylor has racked up a team-high 591 rushing yards (84.4 per game) and scored four touchdowns.
- So far this season Sean Tyler has rushed for 222 yards (31.7 per game).
- Daniel Jackson has 29 catches (56 targets) and paces his team with 387 receiving yards (55.3 ypg) and five touchdowns.
- Corey Crooms has also contributed with 19 catches for 227 yards. He has been targeted 40 times and puts up 32.4 receiving yards per game.
- Danny Striggow has notched a team-leading 4.5 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Maverick Baranowski has collected 33 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one sack to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Tyler Nubin has picked off three passes to lead the team while adding 19 tackles, one sack, and three passes defended.
Michigan State Statistical Leaders
- Noah Kim has thrown for 1,090 yards while completing 56.5% of his passes, with six touchdowns and six interceptions (155.7 yards per game).
- Nathan Carter has 130 attempts for a team-high 565 rushing yards (80.7 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Jalen Berger has rushed for 93 yards on 25 carries (13.3 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- This season Montorie Foster has 25 catches for a team-high 287 yards (41.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Tre Mosley has also tacked on 237 yards on 25 catches and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 42 times and averages 33.9 receiving yards.
- Jaron Glover is averaging 32.4 yards per game, with 12 catches for 227 yards.
- Aaron Brule has notched a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 5.0 TFL and 33 tackles.
- Cal Haladay’s 47 tackles, 5.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception make him the team’s leading tackler.
- Jaden Mangham has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 27 tackles and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!