NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: SEC Network
- City: Starkville, Mississippi
- Venue: Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field
|Mississippi State||-21.5 (-107)||O 57.5 (-116)||-2000|
|Western Michigan||+21.5 (-113)||U 57.5 (-109)||+924|
The Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-3) are considered favorites (-21.5) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game versus the Western Michigan Broncos (2-3) on October 7, 2023, starting at 12:00 PM ET, airing on SEC Network. The predicted point total for the matchup is 57.5.
The Bulldogs squared off against the Alabama Crimson Tide in their last outing, losing 40-17. The Broncos’ most recent game finished in a 42-24 win over the Ball State Cardinals.
We’ve collected all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Mississippi State vs. Western Michigan Key Stats
- Western Michigan has allowed its opponents an average of 35.8 points per game this season, 7.8 more than the 28.0 Mississippi State has put on the board per contest.
- Western Michigan is 2-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 28.0 points.
- Western Michigan scores 4.8 fewer points per game (25.0) than Mississippi State allows (29.8).
- When Western Michigan puts up more than 29.8 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- When Mississippi State surrenders fewer than 25.0 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
Here are a few more important stats from this season:
|Mississippi State||Western Michigan|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||362.6 (83)||384.0 (71)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||391.6 (87)||405.0 (103)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||144.6 (82)||183.2 (41)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||218.0 (89)||200.8 (98)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||6 (49)||7 (66)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (53)||7 (53)|
Mississippi State vs. Western Michigan Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 53 points per game, 4.5 points fewer than the over/under of 57.5 for this contest.
- These two teams give up a combined 65.6 points per game, 8.1 more than this contest’s over/under.
- Mississippi State is winless against the spread this season (0-3-0).
- Western Michigan has covered twice in four chances against the spread this season.
- Western Michigan has covered the spread once when an underdog by 21.5 points or more this year (in two opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Mississippi State Statistical Leaders
- Will Rogers has posted 1,086 passing yards (217.2 per game) with a 59.7% completion percentage (89-for-149) while throwing seven touchdowns and four interceptions.
- Jo’Quavious Marks has 72 attempts for a team-best 420 rushing yards (84.0 per game) and four touchdowns. He also has 15 catches for 112 receiving yards (22.4 per game).
- Michael Wright has run for 114 yards (22.8 per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Lideatrick Griffin has grabbed 25 passes for a team best 409 yards plus three touchdowns. He averages 81.8 receiving yards per game.
- Justin Robinson’s stat line this year reveals 12 catches for 144 yards. He averages 28.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 17 times.
- Zavion Thomas has 116 receiving yards on nine receptions (19 targets), averaging 23.2 yards per game.
- Jett Johnson has put together an impressive stat line to lead the team in sacks and total tackles, collecting 4.0 sacks, 5.0 TFL, 42 tackles, and two interceptions.
Western Michigan Statistical Leaders
- This year Treyson Bourguet has recorded 676 passing yards (135.2 per game) while going 51-for-93 (54.8%) and throwing for four touchdowns with one interception. He has tacked on 53 rushing yards on 31 carries.
- Jalen Buckley has taken 94 carries for a team-leading 551 rushing yards (110.2 per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- So far this year Zahir Abdus-Salaam has rushed for 202 yards on 53 carries (40.4 yards per game), with three touchdowns.
- This season Anthony Sambucci has 11 catches and leads the team with 207 yards (41.4 per game) while hauling in four touchdowns.
- Kenneth Womack’s stat line this year shows 18 catches for 202 yards. He averages 40.4 receiving yards per game.
- Blake Bosma has totaled 155 yards on six receptions, averaging 31.0 yards per game.
- Mason Nelson has notched a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL and nine tackles.
- Tate Hallock leads the team in both tackles and interceptions, totaling 34 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two interceptions over the course of the current campaign.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!