NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Channel: The CW
- City: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Venue: Wayne Day Family Field at Carter-Finley Stadium
|NC State||-6.5 (-105)||O 45.5 (-109)||-227|
|Marshall||+6.5 (-116)||U 45.5 (-116)||+181|
The NC State Wolfpack (3-2) are considered favorites (-6.5) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game versus the Marshall Thundering Herd (4-0) on October 7, 2023, starting at 2:00 PM ET, airing on The CW. An over/under of 45.5 points has been set for the matchup.
In their most recent game, the Wolfpack were defeated by the Louisville Cardinals 13-10. Their last time out, the Thundering Herd took down the Old Dominion Monarchs 41-35.
We’ve collected all the info you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
NC State vs. Marshall Key Stats
- NC State has averaged 4.9 more points scored this season (25.4) than Marshall has allowed (20.5).
- NC State is 3-1 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it scores more than 20.5 points.
- When the Herd defense allows fewer than 25.4 points, Marshall has accumulated a 3-0 overall record and a 2-0 record against the spread.
- This year Marshall puts up 9.3 more points per game (29.3) than NC State gives up (20.0).
- Marshall is 2-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall in games when it puts up more than 20.0 points.
- When NC State allows opponents to score fewer than 29.3 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
Here are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||345.2 (94)||412.3 (106)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||322.0 (44)||336.8 (14)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||151.0 (70)||169.0 (52)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||194.2 (106)||243.3 (59)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||7 (66)||7 (66)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (37)||6 (76)|
NC State vs. Marshall Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The over/under for the game of 45.5 is 9.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for NC State (25.4 points per game) and Marshall (29.3 points per game).
- The 40.5 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 5.0 fewer than the 45.5 over/under in this contest.
- NC State has covered once in three games with a spread this season.
- Marshall has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- NC State has not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
NC State Statistical Leaders
- Brennan Armstrong has 971 passing yards (194.2 per game) and a 58.8% completion percentage (94-for-160) while throwing five touchdowns and six interceptions. He also has 286 yards on the ground on 69 carries (plus three touchdowns), averaging 57.2 yards per game.
- Michael Allen has rushed for 139 yards (27.8 per game).
- Kevin Concepcion has 23 receptions for a team-high 245 yards (49.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Porter Rooks has chipped in with 125 yards, on 10 catches. He puts up 25.0 receiving yards per game.
- Julian Gray has caught seven passes for 116 yards, averaging 23.2 yards per game.
- Davin Vann has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 2.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Payton Wilson leads the team in both tackles and interceptions, totaling 55 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and one interception over the course of the current campaign.
Marshall Statistical Leaders
- This season Cam Fancher has collected 890 passing yards (222.5 per game) while going 88-for-125 (70.4%) and throwing for four touchdowns with four interceptions. He has added 162 rushing yards on 43 carries.
- Rasheen Ali has run for a team-high 475 yards on 91 attempts (118.8 yards per game) and nine touchdowns. He also has 64 receiving yards on nine catches .
- Cade Conley has reeled in 18 passes for a team-high 167 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 21 times, and averages 41.8 yards per game.
- Caleb Coombs has chipped in with 138 yards on 15 catches and one touchdown. He has been targeted 16 times and averages 34.5 receiving yards.
- Caleb McMillan has caught six passes on 15 targets for 137 yards and one touchdown, averaging 34.3 yards per game.
- This season Sam Burton leads the team with 4.5 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and 15 tackles.
- Eli Neal has racked up 20 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception this season, leading his team in tackles.
- In terms of picks, Micah Abraham leads the team with two interceptions this season and has added five tackles and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!