NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: Fox Sports 1
- City: East Lansing, Michigan
- Venue: Spartan Stadium
|Nebraska||-3.5 (-104)||O 34.5 (-121)||-166|
|Michigan State||+3.5 (-117)||U 34.5 (-104)||+135|
The Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-3) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5) — versus the Michigan State Spartans (2-6) in a matchup of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 34.5.
In their most recent outing, the Cornhuskers won 31-14 over the Purdue Boilermakers. The Spartans are coming off of a 27-12 loss to the Minnesota Golden Gophers.
We’ve got all the details you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Nebraska vs. Michigan State Key Stats
- Nebraska has averaged 7.5 fewer points per game this season (20.3) than Michigan State has allowed (27.8).
- When it exceeds what Michigan State gives up this season (27.8 points per game), Nebraska is 3-0 and 2-1 against the spread.
- Michigan State is 2-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 20.3 points.
- Michigan State averages 18.0 points per game, comparable to the 18.6 Nebraska surrenders.
- Michigan State is 1-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall when the team records more than 18.6 points.
- When Nebraska allows less than 18.0 points, it is 3-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
Below are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||322.4 (113)||322.9 (112)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||298.8 (12)||360.1 (53)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||190.1 (26)||108.8 (115)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||132.3 (130)||214.1 (87)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||16 (118)||19 (129)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||10 (78)||12 (54)|
Nebraska vs. Michigan State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Nebraska averages 20.3 points per game against Michigan State’s 18.0, amounting to 3.8 points over the matchup’s total of 34.5.
- The 46.4 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 11.9 more than the 34.5 over/under in this contest.
- Nebraska has compiled a 3-4-0 record against the spread this season.
- Michigan State has won two games against the spread this year.
- Nebraska has covered the spread once when favored by 3.5 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- Michigan State has covered the spread twice this year (2-3 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Nebraska Statistical Leaders
- Heinrich Haarberg has passed for 838 yards (64-for-124), with seven touchdowns and four interceptions (104.8 yards per game). He’s also carried the football 104 times for 446 yards and four scores, averaging 55.8 YPG.
- Anthony Grant has rushed for 320 yards (40.0 per game), with three touchdowns on the ground.
- Billy Kemp IV has 21 catches (on 37 targets) and leads the team with 216 receiving yards (27.0 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Thomas Fidone II has also chipped in with 16 catches for 176 yards and four touchdowns. He has been targeted 29 times and averages 22.0 receiving yards per game.
- Marcus Washington is averaging 22.0 yards per game, racking up eight receptions (15 targets) for 176 yards.
- This season Jimari Butler leads the team with 5.0 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Isaac Gifford’s 45 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception make him the team’s leading tackler.
- Tommi Hill has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on five tackles and four passes defended in eight games this season.
Michigan State Statistical Leaders
- Noah Kim has passed for 1,090 yards (91-of-161), with six touchdowns and six interceptions (136.3 yards per game).
- Nathan Carter has taken 141 carries for a team-leading 609 rushing yards (76.1 per game) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Jalen Berger has run for 93 yards on 25 carries (11.6 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Montorie Foster has 29 catches (51 targets) and paces his team with 342 receiving yards (42.8 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Tre Mosley’s stat line this year reveals 28 catches for 288 yards and two touchdowns. He averages 36.0 receiving yards per game.
- Jaron Glover is averaging 32.6 yards per game, with 14 catches for 261 yards.
- Aaron Brule has collected a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 5.0 TFL and 37 tackles.
- Cal Haladay’s 57 tackles, 5.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception make him the team’s leading tackler.
- Jaden Mangham has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 27 tackles and three passes defended in eight games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!