NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: BTN
- City: Lincoln, Nebraska
- Venue: Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, NE)
|Nebraska||-13.5 (-112)||O 43.5 (-116)||-666|
|Northwestern||+13.5 (-108)||U 43.5 (-109)||+454|
The Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-3) are heavy favorites (-13.5) against the Northwestern Wildcats (3-3) in a matchup of two conference rivals. An over/under of 43.5 points has been set for the matchup.
The Cornhuskers defeated the Illinois Fighting Illini 20-7 in their last outing. Last time out, the Wildcats won 23-20 over the Howard Bison.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Nebraska vs. Northwestern Key Stats
- Northwestern has allowed an average of 27.3 points per game, 8.3 more than the 19 Nebraska has scored.
- In games where Nebraska scores more than 27.3 points, it is 2-0 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- Northwestern averages just one more point per game (22) than Nebraska surrenders (21).
- When Northwestern scores more than 21 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- This year Nebraska is 2-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 22 points.
Below are a few more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||342.3 (113)||306.3 (126)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||323 (16)||362 (36)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||200.5 (18)||103 (121)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||141.8 (128)||203.3 (99)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (74)||5 (11)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||6 (107)||5 (118)|
Nebraska vs. Northwestern Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Nebraska averages 19 points per game against Northwestern’s 22, totaling 2.5 points under the matchup’s point total of 43.5.
- This matchup’s over/under is 4.8 fewer points than the 48.3 these two teams combine to give up per game.
- Nebraska has a record of 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Northwestern has covered twice in five chances against the spread this year.
- Nebraska has covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 13.5-point favorites.
- Northwestern has been an underdog by 13.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Nebraska Statistical Leaders
- This season Heinrich Haarberg has recorded 631 passing yards (105.2 YPG) while completing 52.1% of his passes, with four touchdowns and two interceptions. He also has 352 yards on the ground on 69 carries (plus three scores), averaging 58.7 YPG.
- Anthony Grant has run for 280 yards (46.7 per game), with three touchdowns on the ground.
- Billy Kemp IV has 20 receptions for a team-high 219 yards (36.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Marcus Washington’s stat line this year reveals eight catches for 176 yards. He puts up 29.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 15 times.
- Thomas Fidone II is averaging 26.2 yards per game, racking up 12 receptions (20 targets) for 157 yards and three touchdowns.
- This season Jimari Butler leads the team with 3.5 sacks and has added three TFL and 10 tackles.
- Isaac Gifford has collected 28 tackles, one TFL, and one interception, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Quinton Newsome has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 17 tackles, one TFL, and one pass defended in six games this season.
Northwestern Statistical Leaders
- Ben Bryant has 926 passing yards (154.3 per game) and a 59% completion percentage, throwing six touchdown passes and three interceptions.
- Cam Porter has taken 74 carries for a team-leading 299 rushing yards (49.8 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Brendan Sullivan has run for 96 yards on 31 carries (16 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Bryce Kirtz has reeled in 24 passes for a team-high 327 yards and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 38 times, and averages 54.5 yards per game.
- Cam Johnson’s stat line this year reveals 26 catches for 312 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 52 receiving yards per game.
- Joseph Himon II has caught eight passes on 10 targets for 129 yards and one touchdown.
- Xander Mueller has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added five TFL, 33 tackles, and one interception.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Bryce Gallagher has collected 47 tackles, one TFL, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- In terms of picks, Joe DeHaan leads the team with one interception this season and has added one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!