NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports Network
- City: Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Venue: Aggie Memorial Stadium
|New Mexico State||-5.5 (-111)||O 43.5 (-107)||-212|
|Sam Houston||+5.5 (-109)||U 43.5 (-117)||+170|
In a matchup of two conference rivals, the New Mexico State Aggies (3-3) will face off against the Sam Houston Bearkats (0-5). The Aggies are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -5.5). An over/under of 43.5 points has been established for the matchup.
The Aggies head into this matchup after a 34-17 win over the Florida International Panthers in their most recent game. Their last time out, the Bearkats lost 21-16 to the Liberty Flames.
We’ve collected all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
New Mexico State vs. Sam Houston Key Stats
- New Mexico State, on average, scores 6.3 more points (30.5) than Sam Houston allows (24.2).
- New Mexico State is 3-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it scores more than 24.2 points.
- Sam Houston is 0-3 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 30.5 points.
- Sam Houston puts up 14.0 fewer points per game (10.8) than New Mexico State allows (24.8).
Here are some more important numbers from this season:
|New Mexico State||Sam Houston|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||436.7 (26)||241.0 (133)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||385.8 (98)||378.8 (43)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||198.7 (25)||66.8 (131)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||238.0 (65)||174.2 (117)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (65)||7 (49)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||5 (109)||5 (109)|
New Mexico State vs. Sam Houston Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 41.3 points per game, 2.2 points fewer than the point total of 43.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s over/under is 5.5 fewer points than the 49 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2023.
- New Mexico State has won one game against the spread this season.
- Sam Houston has a record of 1-2-0 against the spread this year.
- Sam Houston has covered the spread once this year (1-2 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
|New Mexico State||1-2-0||0-3-0||0-0||1-2|
New Mexico State Statistical Leaders
- Diego Pavia has 1,329 passing yards (221.5 YPG) and a 64.1% completion percentage (82-for-128) while pitching 12 touchdowns and five interceptions. He also has 325 rushing yards on 61 carries (plus one touchdown), averaging 54.2 yards per game.
- Ahmonte Watkins has run for 292 yards (48.7 YPG), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Jonathan Brady has racked up 13 catches for 273 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 22 times, and averages 45.5 receiving yards per game.
- Jordin Parker’s stat line this year reveals four catches for 194 yards and three touchdowns. He puts up 32.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted five times.
- Trent Hudson is averaging 31.5 yards per game, racking up 12 receptions (24 targets) for 189 yards and three touchdowns.
- Izaiah Reed has 2.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 2.0 TFL and eight tackles.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Keyshaun Elliott has collected 41 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack and leads the team in tackles.
- This season Torren Union leads the team with one interception and has added eight tackles and one pass defended.
Sam Houston Statistical Leaders
- Keegan Shoemaker has 731 passing yards (146.2 per game), four touchdowns and five interceptions. He also has 61 rushing yards on 30 carries.
- John Gentry has churned out a team-high 141 rushing yards (28.2 per game). He has tacked on 12 catches for 125 yards, with one receiving touchdown.
- This year Noah Smith has 30 catches and leads the team with 253 yards (50.6 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Malik Phillips’ stat line this year shows 10 catches for 149 yards. He puts up 29.8 receiving yards per game.
- Chris Scott has notched a team-leading 2.0 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and seven tackles.
- Trevor Williams has totaled 48 tackles and 1.0 TFL, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Jordan Morris has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding three tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!