NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: El Paso, Texas
- Venue: Sun Bowl Stadium
|New Mexico State||-2.5 (-111)||O 49.5 (-109)||-128|
|UTEP||+2.5 (-109)||U 49.5 (-116)||+105|
The New Mexico State Aggies (4-3) are small favorites (-2.5) versus the UTEP Miners (2-5) in a battle of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 49.5.
The Aggies took down the Sam Houston Bearkats 27-13 in their last game. Their last time out, the Miners won 27-14 over the Florida International Panthers.
We’ve collected all the details you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
New Mexico State vs. UTEP Key Stats
- New Mexico State has averaged 3.9 more points scored this season (30) than UTEP has allowed (26.1).
- When it exceeds what UTEP gives up this season (26.1 points per game), New Mexico State is 4-1 and 2-0 against the spread.
- When the Miners defense allows less than 30 points, UTEP has accumulated a 2-2 overall record and a 0-1 record against the spread.
- UTEP scores 17.7 points per game, 5.4 fewer than New Mexico State allows (23.1).
- When UTEP puts up more than 23.1 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- When New Mexico State allows opponents to put up less than 17.7 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
Below are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|New Mexico State||UTEP|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||439.7 (18)||359.4 (69)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||383.1 (101)||381.7 (99)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||194.9 (24)||155.4 (67)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||244.9 (54)||204 (98)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (56)||11 (93)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||5 (118)||5 (118)|
New Mexico State vs. UTEP Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 47.7 points per game, 1.8 points fewer than the total of 49.5 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 49.2 points per game, 0.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- New Mexico State has won two games against the spread this season.
- UTEP has not won against the spread this year in four games with a spread.
- New Mexico State has been favored by 2.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- UTEP has not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
|New Mexico State||2-2-0||0-4-0||1-0||1-2|
New Mexico State Statistical Leaders
- This year Diego Pavia has recorded 1,615 yards through the air (230.7 YPG) while completing 62.2% of his passes, with 14 touchdowns and five interceptions. He also has 440 yards on the ground on 76 attempts (plus two scores), averaging 62.9 YPG.
- Ahmonte Watkins has 306 rushing yards on 25 carries, and two touchdowns.
- Jonathan Brady has 18 receptions for a team-high 338 yards (48.3 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Trent Hudson has also tacked on 311 yards, on 15 catches plus five touchdowns. He puts up 44.4 receiving yards per game.
- Jordin Parker is averaging 27.7 yards per game, racking up four receptions (six targets) for 194 yards and three touchdowns.
- Izaiah Reed has 2.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up two TFL and nine tackles.
- Keyshaun Elliott has racked up 49 tackles, five TFL, and one sack to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Torren Union has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 11 tackles and one pass defended in seven games this season.
UTEP Statistical Leaders
- This campaign, Gavin Hardison has put up 947 passing yards (135.3 per game) while connecting on 73 of 129 passes (56.6%), with five touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- Torrance Burgess Jr. has run for a team-high 452 yards on 87 carries (64.6 yards per game) and two touchdowns. He also has 117 receiving yards on eight catches .
- Deion Hankins has run for 442 yards on 92 carries (63.1 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Kelly Akharaiyi has reeled in 25 passes for a team best 513 yards and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 50 times, and averages 73.3 yards per game.
- Jeremiah Ballard has been targeted 34 times, and chipped in with 311 yards (on 18 catches) and one touchdown.
- Tyrin Smith has caught 19 passes on 29 targets for 191 yards and one touchdown, averaging 27.3 yards per game.
- This season Maurice Westmoreland leads the team with 4.5 sacks and has added five TFL and 19 tackles.
- Tyrice Knight has totaled 66 tackles, seven TFL, and 2.5 sacks to lead the team in tackles so far.
- In terms of picks, Trez Moore leads the team with one interception this season and has added six tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!