NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN
- City: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Venue: Kenan Memorial Stadium
|North Carolina||-8.5 (-112)||O 58.5 (-106)||-333|
|Syracuse||+8.5 (-108)||U 58.5 (-119)||+256|
The No. 14 North Carolina Tar Heels (4-0) are solid favorites — expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -8.5) — against the Syracuse Orange (4-1) in a battle of two conference rivals. An over/under of 58.5 points has been established for the matchup.
In their most recent outing, the Tar Heels won 41-24 over the Pittsburgh Panthers. The Orange are coming off of a loss to the Clemson Tigers by the score of 31-14.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
North Carolina vs. Syracuse Key Stats
- North Carolina has averaged 21.0 more points scored this season (35.8) than Syracuse has allowed (14.8).
- North Carolina is 4-0 overall and 2-1 against the spread when it scores over 14.8 points.
- When Syracuse limits opposing offenses to fewer than 35.8 points, it is 4-1 overall and 1-2 against the spread.
- Syracuse scores 38.2 points per game, 16.2 more than North Carolina surrenders (22.0).
- When Syracuse scores more than 22.0 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- North Carolina has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall when it allows less than 38.2 points.
Below are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||464.0 (79)||463.4 (20)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||363.0 (21)||297.2 (24)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||167.3 (55)||190.6 (36)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||296.8 (20)||272.8 (38)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||4 (18)||8 (83)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||5 (97)||11 (8)|
North Carolina vs. Syracuse Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The point total for the game of 58.5 is 15.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for North Carolina (35.8 points per game) and Syracuse (38.2 points per game).
- The 36.8 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 21.7 fewer than the 58.5 total in this contest.
- North Carolina has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Syracuse has covered once in four games with a spread this season.
- North Carolina has been favored by 8.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
North Carolina Statistical Leaders
- Drake Maye has thrown for 1,187 yards (96-for-132), with five touchdowns and four interceptions (296.8 yards per game). He’s also run the football 38 times for 119 yards and three touchdowns.
- Omarion Hampton has 73 carries for a team-high 383 rushing yards (95.8 per game) and seven touchdowns.
- British Brooks has 140 rushing yards on 34 carries, and one touchdown.
- J.J. Jones has grabbed 16 passes for a team best 296 yards. He averages 74.0 receiving yards per game.
- Nate McCollum has been targeted 26 times and chipped in with 220 yards (on 21 catches) plus one touchdown.
- Kobe Paysour is averaging 45.5 yards per game, racking up 19 receptions (24 targets) for 182 yards and two touchdowns.
- This season Kaimon Rucker leads the team with 4.0 sacks and has added 7.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Power Echols has collected 33 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season Alijah Huzzie leads the team with two interceptions and has added 16 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
Syracuse Statistical Leaders
- Garrett Shrader has 1,153 passing yards (230.6 per game), eight touchdowns and four interceptions. He also has 340 rushing yards on 61 carries with six touchdowns.
- LeQuint Allen has taken 75 carries for a team-leading 363 rushing yards (72.6 per game) while scoring six touchdowns. He’s also caught 17 passes for 133 yards (26.6 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown through the air.
- Damien Alford has 18 catches (28 targets) and paces his team with 282 receiving yards (56.4 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Donovan Brown has added 19 receptions (on 28 targets) for 273 yards and one touchdown.
- Umari Hatcher has caught 13 passes on 29 targets for 225 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 45.0 yards per game.
- This season Leon Lowery leads the team with 2.5 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and 12 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Marlowe Wax has racked up 29 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Justin Barron has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 23 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended in five games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!