NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Denton, Texas
- Venue: Apogee Stadium
|North Texas||-7.5 (-114)||O 70.5 (-113)||-294|
|Temple||+7.5 (-106)||U 70.5 (-112)||+229|
In a matchup of two conference rivals, the North Texas Mean Green (2-3) will face off against the Temple Owls (2-4). The Mean Green are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -7.5). The over/under for this one is set at 70.5 points.
In their most recent game, the Mean Green were beaten by the Navy Midshipmen 27-24. The Owls’ last game finished in a 49-34 loss to the UTSA Roadrunners.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
North Texas vs. Temple Key Stats
- North Texas has put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game this season (33.8) as Temple has allowed (34.0).
- In games where North Texas scores more than 34.0 points, it is 2-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- When the Owls defense allows fewer than 33.8 points, Temple has accumulated a 2-0 overall record and a 0-1 record against the spread.
- Temple averages 16.6 fewer points per game (23.2) than North Texas gives up (39.8).
Here are some more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||467.6 (52)||386.2 (56)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||481.6 (110)||423.7 (116)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||191.2 (33)||90.7 (125)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||276.4 (32)||295.5 (21)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||9 (82)||10 (94)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (81)||2 (127)|
North Texas vs. Temple Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 57 points per game, 13.5 points fewer than the total of 70.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 73.8 points per game, 3.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- North Texas has won all two of its games against the spread this season.
- Temple is winless against the spread this season (0-4-0).
- Temple has not covered the spread when an underdog by 7.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
North Texas Statistical Leaders
- Chandler Rogers has thrown for 1,112 yards while connecting on 63.4% of his passes (83-for-131), with eight touchdowns and one interception (222.4 yards per game). He’s also run the ball 38 times for 136 yards and three touchdowns.
- Ayo Adeyi has churned out a team-high 417 rushing yards (83.4 per game) and three scores.
- Isaiah Johnson has rushed for 154 yards (30.8 per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Jay Maclin has reeled in 19 passes for a team-high 424 yards plus six touchdowns. He averages 84.8 receiving yards per game.
- Roderic Burns’ stat line this year reveals 25 catches for 255 yards. He puts up 51.0 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 33 times.
- Damon Ward Jr. has racked up 176 yards on 11 receptions with four touchdowns, averaging 35.2 yards per game.
- This season Mazin Richards leads the team with 2.0 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and 15 tackles.
- Logan Wilson’s 29 tackles make him the team’s top tackler.
- John Davis Jr. has a team-high one interception and has tacked on six tackles and two passes defended in five games this season.
Temple Statistical Leaders
- This year E.J. Warner has racked up 1,741 passing yards (290.2 per game) while going 153-for-272 (56.2%) and throwing for 12 touchdowns with five interceptions.
- Joquez Smith has picked up a team-high 244 rushing yards (40.7 per game) and scored one touchdown.
- So far this season Darvon Hubbard has rushed for 153 yards on 37 carries (25.5 yards per game), with one touchdown. Hubbard also makes an impact in the passing game, catching 16 passes for 193 (32.2 yards per game).
- Amad Anderson Jr. has hauled in 25 passes for a team best 372 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 41 times, and averages 62.0 yards per game.
- David Martin-Robinson has been targeted 33 times, and added 288 yards (on 23 catches) and two touchdowns.
- Dante Wright has caught 20 passes on 40 targets for 250 yards and one touchdown, averaging 41.7 yards per game.
- This season Jordan Magee has team-high numbers in both sacks and tackles, collecting 2.0 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 40 tackles.
- Tywan Francis has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 39 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended in six games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!