NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Akron, Ohio
- Venue: InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field
|Northern Illinois||-3.5 (-105)||O 47.5 (-106)||-161|
|Akron||+3.5 (-116)||U 47.5 (-119)||+131|
In a matchup of two conference rivals, the Northern Illinois Huskies (1-4) will face off against the Akron Zips (1-4). The Huskies are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The over/under for this one is set at 47.5 points.
The Huskies were defeated by the Toledo Rockets 35-33 in their most recent outing. Last time out, the Zips lost 13-10 to the Buffalo Bulls.
We’ve collected all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Northern Illinois vs. Akron Key Stats
- Northern Illinois is averaging 5.2 fewer points per game (19.2) than Akron is allowing (24.4).
- When it goes over what Akron gives up this season (24.4 points per game), Northern Illinois is 1-1 and 1-0 against the spread.
- Akron racks up 17.0 points per game, 9.0 fewer than Northern Illinois allows (26.0).
Here are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||317.2 (112)||301.4 (119)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||347.6 (61)||314.0 (36)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||121.6 (107)||102.2 (117)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||195.6 (103)||199.2 (100)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||9 (102)||11 (121)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||6 (76)||8 (37)|
Northern Illinois vs. Akron Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 36.2 points per game, 11.3 points fewer than the total of 47.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams give up a combined 50.4 points per game, 2.9 more than this contest’s over/under.
- Northern Illinois has a record of 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Akron has won two games against the spread this season.
- Northern Illinois has not covered the spread when favored by 3.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Akron has won each of its two games this season when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Northern Illinois Statistical Leaders
- Rocky Lombardi has posted 824 passing yards (164.8 per game) with a 54.5% completion percentage (72-for-132) while throwing three touchdowns and four interceptions.
- Antario Brown has taken 80 attempts for a team-high 334 rushing yards (66.8 YPG) and one touchdown.
- Gavin Williams has 105 rushing yards on 28 carries.
- Kacper Rutkiewicz has racked up 19 catches for 249 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He has been targeted 37 times, and averages 49.8 receiving yards per game.
- Christian Carter has nine catches for 130 yards (26.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Grayson Barnes has caught eight passes on 15 targets for 111 yards.
- This season George Gumbs leads the team with 2.5 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Raishein Thomas has collected 21 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- This season Muhammad Jammeh leads the team with one interception and has added one pass defended.
Akron Statistical Leaders
- This year DJ Iron has collected 718 passing yards (143.6 per game) while going 88-for-133 (66.2%) and throwing for three touchdowns with three interceptions. He has tacked on 215 rushing yards on 61 carries with two touchdowns.
- Lorenzo Lingard has 44 attempts for a team-high 238 rushing yards (47.6 per game) and one touchdown. He also has 11 catches for 159 receiving yards and one touchdown.
- Jasaiah Gathings has 20 catches (35 targets) and paces his team with 197 receiving yards (39.4 per game).
- Daniel George has hauled in 18 catches for 167 yards (33.4 per game).
- Alex Adams has caught 19 passes on 24 targets for 165 yards and one touchdown.
- CJ Nunnally has collected a team-leading 5.0 sacks, while adding 6.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Bryan McCoy’s 28 tackles and 1.0 TFL mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- Andrew Behm has a team-high one interception and has tacked on five tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended in five games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!