NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Mount Pleasant, Michigan
- Venue: Kelly/Shorts Stadium
|Northern Illinois||-1.5 (-149)||O 42.5 (-149)||-169|
|Central Michigan||+1.5 (+122)||U 42.5 (+117)||+137|
In a matchup of two conference rivals, the Northern Illinois Huskies (4-4) will face off against the Central Michigan Chippewas (4-4). The Huskies are slight favorites (-1.5). The expected point total for the matchup is 42.5.
The Huskies knocked off the Eastern Michigan Eagles 20-13 in their most recent outing. The Chippewas’ last game finished in a 24-17 loss to the Ball State Cardinals.
We’ve collected all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Northern Illinois vs. Central Michigan Key Stats
- The average points scored by Northern Illinois this season, 24.3, is 5.5 fewer than the 29.8 Central Michigan has given up per game.
- In games where Northern Illinois scores more than 29.8 points, it is 1-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- When Central Michigan limits opposing offenses to less than 24.3 points, it is 2-1 overall and 0-3 against the spread.
- Central Michigan racks up 22.0 points per game, comparable to the 21.3 Northern Illinois gives up.
- Central Michigan is 1-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall in games when it puts up more than 21.3 points.
- Northern Illinois has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 3-1 record overall when it gives up less than 22.0 points.
Below are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Northern Illinois||Central Michigan|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||343.5 (103)||325.1 (109)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||312.8 (18)||395.0 (86)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||154.3 (68)||136.8 (90)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||189.3 (109)||188.4 (110)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||9 (33)||10 (47)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||12 (54)||4 (129)|
Northern Illinois vs. Central Michigan Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The total for the contest of 42.5 is 3.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Northern Illinois (24.3 points per game) and Central Michigan (22.0 points per game).
- The 51.1 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 8.6 more than the 42.5 over/under in this contest.
- Northern Illinois has a record of 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Central Michigan has a record of just 1-4-0 against the spread this year.
- Northern Illinois has been favored by 1.5 points or more three times this season, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- Central Michigan has covered the spread when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Northern Illinois Statistical Leaders
- Rocky Lombardi has 1,360 passing yards (170.0 per game) and a 58.1% completion percentage (118-for-203), throwing six touchdown passes and four interceptions.
- Antario Brown has taken 115 attempts for a team-high 674 rushing yards (84.3 YPG) and six touchdowns.
- Gavin Williams has run for 277 yards (34.6 YPG), with three touchdowns on the ground.
- Kacper Rutkiewicz has been targeted 38 times and has 20 catches, leading his team with 313 yards (39.1 ypg) while also scoring two touchdowns.
- Grayson Barnes has also chipped in with 14 receptions (on 23 targets) for 255 yards, scoring two touchdowns.
- Trayvon Rudolph is averaging 26.5 yards per game, racking up 25 receptions (42 targets) for 212 yards and one touchdown.
- George Gumbs has collected a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 24 tackles.
- Jaden Dolphin has racked up 37 tackles and 1.0 TFL to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Nate Valcarel has picked off three passes to lead the team while adding 16 tackles and three passes defended.
Central Michigan Statistical Leaders
- Jase Bauer has 1,221 passing yards (152.6 per game) with a 58.4% completion percentage (115-for-197), throwing for five touchdowns with six interceptions. He also has 223 rushing yards on 70 carries and seven touchdowns.
- Myles Bailey has 86 attempts for a team-high 358 rushing yards (44.8 per game) and three touchdowns.
- So far this year Marion Lukes has run for 252 yards on 72 carries (31.5 yards per game), with two touchdowns. Lukes also helps out in the passing game, catching 23 passes for 228 (28.5 yards per game).
- Jesse Prewitt III has reeled in 26 passes for a team best 379 yards and four touchdowns. He has been targeted 37 times, and averages 47.4 yards per game.
- Chris Parker has hauled in 17 catches for 270 yards (33.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Tyson Davis has caught 20 passes on 30 targets for 251 yards and two touchdowns.
- Maurice White has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 3.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Kyle Moretti’s 31 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- Trey Jones has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 26 tackles and one pass defended in eight games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!