NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: DeKalb, Illinois
- Venue: Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium
|Northern Illinois||-11.5 (-112)||O 45.5 (-109)||-526|
|Eastern Michigan||+11.5 (-108)||U 45.5 (-116)||+377|
Two of the country’s toughest passing defenses square off when the Northern Illinois Huskies (3-4) carry college football’s ninth-ranked unit into a contest versus the Eastern Michigan Eagles (4-3), featuring the No. 21 pass D, on Saturday, October 21, 2023. The Huskies are major, 11.5-point favorites. An over/under of 45.5 points has been established for the matchup.
In their most recent outing, the Huskies won 23-13 over the Ohio Bobcats. Last time out, the Eagles defeated the Kent State Golden Flashes 28-14.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Northern Illinois vs. Eastern Michigan Key Stats
- Northern Illinois has averaged 5.5 more points scored this season (24.9) than Eastern Michigan has allowed (19.4).
- In games where Northern Illinois scores more than 19.4 points, it is 3-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- Eastern Michigan is 4-1 overall and 2-2 against the spread when it allows fewer than 24.9 points.
- Eastern Michigan scores 19.0 points per game, 3.4 fewer than Northern Illinois allows (22.4).
- Eastern Michigan is 3-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall in games when it records more than 22.4 points.
- When Northern Illinois allows fewer than 19.0 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
Below are some more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Northern Illinois||Eastern Michigan|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||351.3 (78)||253.1 (131)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||320.7 (49)||389.0 (103)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||159.7 (59)||111.1 (115)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||191.6 (111)||142.0 (127)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||9 (66)||7 (35)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||10 (45)||12 (19)|
Northern Illinois vs. Eastern Michigan Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 43.9 points per game, 1.6 points fewer than the total of 45.5 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 41.8 points per game, 3.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Northern Illinois has a record of 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Eastern Michigan has won three games against the spread this season, failing to cover twice.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Northern Illinois Statistical Leaders
- Rocky Lombardi has thrown for 1,187 yards (97-for-170), with six touchdowns and four interceptions (169.6 yards per game).
- Antario Brown has racked up a team-leading 648 rushing yards (92.6 per game) plus five touchdowns.
- So far this year Gavin Williams has run for 197 yards (28.1 per game), with three touchdowns.
- Kacper Rutkiewicz has racked up 20 receptions for 313 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 38 times, and averages 44.7 receiving yards per game.
- Grayson Barnes has tacked on 211 yards, on 11 catches plus two touchdowns. He puts up 30.1 receiving yards per game.
- Davis Patterson is averaging 22.9 yards per game, with 13 catches for 160 yards.
- George Gumbs has registered a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 23 tackles.
- This season Raishein Thomas has collected 31 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks, leading his team in tackles.
- Nate Valcarel has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 14 tackles and three passes defended in seven games this season.
Eastern Michigan Statistical Leaders
- Austin Smith has 952 passing yards (136.0 per game) with a 57.3% completion percentage (94-for-164), throwing for six touchdowns with three interceptions. He also has 119 rushing yards on 67 carries and one touchdown.
- Jaylon Jackson has 70 carries for a team-high 340 rushing yards (48.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Samson Evans has rushed for 331 yards on 74 carries (47.3 yards per game), with five touchdowns.
- This year Tanner Knue has 30 receptions for a team-high 295 yards (42.1 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Hamze Elzayat has been targeted 20 times, and added 186 yards (on 11 catches) and two touchdowns.
- JB Mitchell III is averaging 24.9 yards per game, with 18 catches for 174 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Mikah Coleman leads the team with 4.0 sacks and has added 4.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Joseph Sparacio has collected 38 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Bennett Walker has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on seven tackles and three passes defended in seven games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!