NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: NBC
- City: South Bend, Indiana
- Venue: Notre Dame Stadium
|Notre Dame||-18.5 (-106)||O 46.5 (-113)||-1250|
|Pittsburgh||+18.5 (-114)||U 46.5 (-112)||+706|
The No. 14 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (6-2) are considered favorites (-18.5) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game versus the Pittsburgh Panthers (2-5) on October 28, 2023, starting at 3:30 PM ET, airing on NBC. An over/under of 46.5 points has been set for the matchup.
The Fighting Irish head into the matchup after winning 48-20 over the USC Trojans in their last outing on October 14. Their last time out, the Panthers were defeated by the Wake Forest Demon Deacons 21-17.
We’ve got all the details you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Notre Dame vs. Pittsburgh Key Stats
- Notre Dame has averaged 11.3 more points this season (35.9) than Pittsburgh has allowed (24.6).
- When it exceeds what Pittsburgh gives up this season (24.6 points per game), Notre Dame is 5-0 and 1-0 against the spread.
- Pittsburgh is 2-3 overall and 1-3 against the spread when it allows fewer than 35.9 points.
- This year Pittsburgh puts up 8.2 more points per game (24.6) than Notre Dame surrenders (16.4).
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 against the spread and 2-4 overall in games when it records more than 16.4 points.
- Notre Dame has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall when it gives up fewer than 24.6 points.
Below are some more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||414.5 (22)||320.4 (119)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||282.3 (22)||325.0 (23)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||165.3 (56)||111.1 (114)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||249.3 (48)||209.3 (93)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||7 (25)||7 (25)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||13 (20)||9 (78)|
Notre Dame vs. Pittsburgh Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 60.5 points per game, 14.0 points more than the total of 46.5 for this matchup.
- The 41 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 5.5 fewer than the 46.5 over/under in this contest.
- Notre Dame has compiled a 3-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- Pittsburgh has a record of just 1-5-0 against the spread this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Notre Dame Statistical Leaders
- Sam Hartman has 1,838 passing yards (229.8 per game) and a 64.5% completion percentage (131-for-203), throwing 18 touchdown passes and three interceptions.
- Audric Estime has racked up a team-best 787 yards (98.4 YPG) and scored nine touchdowns.
- Jeremiyah Love has run for 263 yards (32.9 per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Mitchell Evans has 24 catches (34 targets) and paces his team with 356 receiving yards (44.5 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Chris Tyree has 16 catches for 355 yards (44.4 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Jayden Thomas is averaging 28.5 yards per game, racking up 15 receptions (22 targets) for 228 yards and one touchdown.
- Thomas Harper has registered a team-leading 2.0 sacks, while adding 1.0 TFL and 26 tackles.
- JD Bertrand has collected 51 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season Xavier Watts leads the team with four interceptions and has added 35 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five passes defended.
Pittsburgh Statistical Leaders
- Phil Jurkovec has passed for 818 yards (57-of-112), with six touchdowns and three interceptions (116.9 yards per game).
- C’Bo Flemister has churned out a team-high 282 rushing yards (40.3 per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- Rodney Hammond has run for 247 yards on 60 carries (35.3 yards per game), with three touchdowns on the ground.
- Konata Mumpfield has hauled in 30 passes for a team best 347 yards and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 48 times, and averages 49.6 yards per game.
- Jerrod Means’ stat line this year shows 20 catches for 326 yards and three touchdowns. He puts up 46.6 receiving yards per game.
- Gavin Bartholomew has 310 receiving yards on 17 receptions (23 targets), with one touchdown.
- Shayne Simon has registered a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL and 25 tackles.
- Donovan McMillon has collected 34 tackles this season, leading his team in tackles.
- M.J. Devonshire has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 20 tackles and two passes defended in seven games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!