NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: NBC
- City: South Bend, Indiana
- Venue: Notre Dame Stadium
|Notre Dame||-2.5 (-113)||O 62.5 (-114)||-138|
|USC||+2.5 (-107)||U 62.5 (-111)||+113|
The No. 21 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (5-2) bring the third-ranked passing defense in the country into a contest versus the No. 10 USC Trojans (6-0), featuring the No. 3 passing attack, on Saturday, October 14, 2023. The Fighting Irish are just 2.5-point favorites. The total for this one is set at 62.5 points.
In their last outing, the Fighting Irish fell to the Louisville Cardinals 33-20. Last time out, the Trojans won 43-41 over the Arizona Wildcats.
We’ve got all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Notre Dame vs. USC Key Stats
- Notre Dame has averaged 7.1 more points scored this season (34.1) than USC has allowed (27.0).
- Notre Dame is 4-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread when it scores more than 27.0 points.
- When USC limits opposing offenses to fewer than 34.1 points, it is 4-0 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- USC averages 51.8 points per game, 35.9 more than Notre Dame allows (15.9).
- USC is 2-3 against the spread and 6-0 overall when the team scores more than 15.9 points.
- Notre Dame has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 5-2 record overall when it surrenders less than 51.8 points.
Below are some more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||437.9 (4)||523.3 (2)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||279.4 (50)||421.3 (115)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||171.0 (54)||168.2 (55)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||266.9 (41)||355.2 (3)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||7 (49)||4 (10)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (58)||8 (58)|
Notre Dame vs. USC Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Notre Dame averages 34.1 points per game against USC’s 51.8, totaling 23.4 points over the game’s over/under of 62.5.
- This game’s point total is 19.6 fewer points than the 42.9 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2023.
- Notre Dame has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- USC has won two games against the spread this year.
- Notre Dame has been favored by 2.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those matchups.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Notre Dame Statistical Leaders
- Sam Hartman has thrown for 1,712 yards while connecting on 64.5% of his passes (118-for-183), with 16 touchdowns and three interceptions (244.6 yards per game).
- Audric Estime has racked up a team-best 692 rushing yards (98.9 per game) and seven scores.
- Jeremiyah Love has run for 257 yards (36.7 YPG), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Mitchell Evans has racked up 22 catches for 343 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He has been targeted 30 times, and averages 49.0 receiving yards per game.
- Chris Tyree has also added 293 yards, on 14 catches plus two touchdowns. He puts up 41.9 receiving yards per game.
- Jayden Thomas has caught 15 passes on 22 targets for 228 yards and one touchdown.
- Jordan Botelho has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 2.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Howard Cross III has racked up 40 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack and leads the team in tackles.
- Xavier Watts has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 28 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended in seven games this season.
USC Statistical Leaders
- Caleb Williams has 1,822 passing yards (303.7 per game) and a 71.3% completion percentage, throwing 22 touchdown passes and one interception. He also has 124 rushing yards on 38 carries (with six touchdowns), averaging 20.7 yards per game.
- MarShawn Lloyd has churned out a team-best 519 rushing yards (86.5 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Austin Jones has rushed for 163 yards on 25 carries (27.2 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground.
- Tahj Washington has hauled in 21 catches for 456 yards, best on his team, and five touchdowns. He averages 76.0 receiving yards per game.
- Brenden Rice has also tacked on 434 yards on 21 catches and seven touchdowns. He has been targeted 28 times and averages 72.3 receiving yards.
- Mario Williams has caught 17 passes on 26 targets for 206 yards and one touchdown.
- Jamil Muhammad has 6.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 7.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Jaylin Smith has totaled 35 tackles and 4.0 TFL, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Jacobe Covington has a team-high one interception and has tacked on six tackles and one pass defended in six games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!