NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: FOX
- City: Columbus, Ohio
- Venue: Ohio Stadium
|Ohio State||-17.5 (-116)||O 55.5 (-111)||-1111|
|Maryland||+17.5 (-105)||U 55.5 (-114)||+654|
The No. 4 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0) and their second-ranked scoring defense will host the Maryland Terrapins (5-0) with the 15th-ranked offense on Saturday, October 7, 2023. The Terrapins are heavy, 17.5-point underdogs. The predicted point total for the matchup is 55.5.
The Buckeyes squared off against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in their last outing, winning 17-14. Last time out, the Terrapins took down the Indiana Hoosiers 44-17.
We’ve collected all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Ohio State vs. Maryland Key Stats
- Ohio State has scored 34.5 points per game this season, 21.3 more than Maryland has given up.
- Ohio State is 4-0 overall and 1-2 against the spread when it scores over 13.2 points.
- When Maryland limits opposing offenses to fewer than 34.5 points, it is 5-0 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
- Maryland scores 30.1 more points per game (38.6) than Ohio State allows (8.5).
- Maryland is 3-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall in games when it puts up more than 8.5 points.
- This season Ohio State is 1-2 against the spread and 4-0 overall when it holds opponents to less than 38.6 points.
Here are some more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||447.5 (86)||454.8 (23)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||255.5 (1)||328.2 (49)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||149.0 (73)||157.4 (66)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||298.5 (18)||297.4 (19)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||3 (5)||3 (5)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||5 (97)||12 (3)|
Ohio State vs. Maryland Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The point total for the matchup of 55.5 is 17.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Ohio State (34.5 points per game) and Maryland (38.6 points per game).
- The 21.7 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 33.8 fewer than the 55.5 over/under in this contest.
- Ohio State has won one game against the spread this season.
- Maryland has compiled a 3-1-0 record against the spread this year.
- Ohio State has covered the spread once when favored by 17.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Ohio State Statistical Leaders
- Kyle McCord has put up 1,055 passing yards (263.8 per game) while connecting on 74 of 113 passes (65.5%), with six touchdowns and one interception.
- TreVeyon Henderson has taken 44 attempts for a team-leading 295 rushing yards (73.8 YPG) and five touchdowns.
- DeaMonte Trayanum has 146 rushing yards on 25 attempts, and two touchdowns.
- Marvin Harrison Jr. has 17 catches (on 32 targets) and leads the team with 336 receiving yards (84.0 per game) while hauling in three touchdowns.
- Emeka Egbuka has also added 19 receptions (on 28 targets) for 263 yards, scoring three touchdowns.
- Cade Stover has collected 240 yards on 17 receptions, averaging 60.0 yards per game.
- This season Tyleik Williams leads the team with 1.0 sack and has added 3.0 TFL and 19 tackles.
- Tommy Eichenberg’s 25 tackles and one sack make him the team’s leading tackler.
- Denzel Burke has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding one pass defended.
Maryland Statistical Leaders
- Taulia Tagovailoa has 1,464 passing yards (292.8 per game) and a 65.7% completion percentage, throwing 13 touchdown passes and three interceptions. He also has 68 rushing yards on 14 carries (with three touchdowns), averaging 13.6 yards per game.
- Roman Hemby has picked up a team-high 309 rushing yards (61.8 per game) and scored four touchdowns. He has added 12 catches for 117 yards .
- Colby McDonald has run for 204 yards on 26 carries (40.8 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Jeshaun Jones has 19 catches (31 targets) and paces his team with 319 receiving yards (63.8 per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Tai Felton has tacked on 18 receptions (on 29 targets) for 299 yards and three touchdowns.
- Kaden Prather has caught 18 passes on 27 targets for 254 yards and three touchdowns.
- Caleb Wheatland has collected a team-leading 2.5 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Beau Brade has collected 24 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- In terms of picks, Tarheeb Still leads the team with three interceptions this season and has added 20 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!