NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: FOX
- City: Columbus, Ohio
- Venue: Ohio Stadium
|Ohio State||-4.5 (-111)||O 48.5 (-105)||-204|
|Penn State||+4.5 (-109)||U 48.5 (-120)||+164|
The No. 3 Ohio State Buckeyes (6-0) are 4.5-point favorites at home versus the No. 7 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-0) on Saturday, October 21, 2023. Both squads feature productive offenses, with the Buckeyes 20th and the Nittany Lions fifth in points per game. The expected point total for the game is 48.5.
The Buckeyes took on the Purdue Boilermakers in their last game, winning 41-7. The Nittany Lions’ last game was a 63-0 win over the UMass Minutemen.
We’ve got all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Ohio State vs. Penn State Key Stats
- Ohio State has scored 36 points per game this season, 28 more than Penn State has given up.
- Ohio State is 6-0 overall and 3-2 against the spread when it scores over 8 points.
- When the Lions defense allows less than 36 points, Penn State has accumulated a 6-0 overall record and a 3-0 record against the spread.
- Penn State racks up 34.6 more points per game (44.3) than Ohio State surrenders (9.7).
- Penn State is 3-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall in games when it scores more than 9.7 points.
- When Ohio State gives up less than 44.3 points, it is 3-2 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
Here are some more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Ohio State||Penn State|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||443 (53)||426.7 (63)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||263.5 (4)||193.7 (1)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||135 (94)||203.3 (16)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||308 (15)||223.3 (80)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||5 (11)||3 (2)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (94)||13 (14)|
Ohio State vs. Penn State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 80.3 points per game, 31.8 points more than the total of 48.5 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 17.7 points per game, 30.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Ohio State has covered three times in five chances against the spread this season.
- Penn State has put together a perfect 3-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- Ohio State has covered the spread three times this season (3-1 ATS) when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Ohio State Statistical Leaders
- Kyle McCord has put up 1,651 passing yards (275.2 YPG) with a 64.1% completion percentage (109-for-170) while firing 11 touchdowns and one interception.
- TreVeyon Henderson has run for a team-high 295 yards (49.2 per game) and five touchdowns.
- DeaMonte Trayanum has 235 rushing yards on 51 attempts, and three touchdowns.
- Marvin Harrison Jr. has 31 receptions for a team-high 604 yards (100.7 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Cade Stover’s stat line this year reveals 23 catches for 359 yards and three touchdowns. He puts up 59.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 30 times.
- Emeka Egbuka is averaging 50.5 yards per game, racking up 22 receptions (32 targets) for 303 yards and three touchdowns.
- This season J.T. Tuimoloau leads the team with three sacks and has added two TFL and 18 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Tommy Eichenberg has totaled 45 tackles, one TFL, and one sack and leads the team in tackles.
- Steele Chambers has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding 35 tackles, one TFL, and one pass defended.
Penn State Statistical Leaders
- Drew Allar has passed for 1,254 yards (118-of-181), with 12 touchdowns and zero interceptions (209 yards per game). He’s also rushed 34 times for 79 yards and three touchdowns.
- Kaytron Allen has racked up a team-best 375 rushing yards (62.5 per game) and three touchdowns.
- So far this season Nicholas Singleton has run for 362 yards on 89 carries (60.3 yards per game), with six touchdowns. Singleton also helps out in the passing game, catching 13 passes for 111 (18.5 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- KeAndre Lambert-Smith has been targeted 45 times and has 31 catches, leading his team with 402 yards (67 per game) while also scoring three touchdowns.
- Theo Johnson has tacked on 154 yards on 14 catches and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 19 times and averages 25.7 receiving yards.
- Harrison Wallace III has 142 receiving yards on 13 receptions (15 targets).
- Adisa Isaac has registered a team-leading five sacks, while adding seven TFL and 13 tackles.
- Curtis Jacobs has totaled 21 tackles, three TFL, and one sack this season, leading his team in tackles.
- Daequan Hardy has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on four tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended in six games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!