NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: Peacock
- City: West Lafayette, Indiana
- Venue: Ross-Ade Stadium
|Ohio State||-20.5 (-105)||O 51.5 (-116)||-1428|
|Purdue||+20.5 (-116)||U 51.5 (-109)||+766|
The No. 3 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-0) are heavy favorites — expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -20.5) — versus the Purdue Boilermakers (2-4) in a matchup of two conference rivals. The total for this one is set at 51.5 points.
In their last outing, the Buckeyes won 37-17 over the Maryland Terrapins. The Boilermakers are coming off of a 20-14 loss to the Iowa Hawkeyes.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Ohio State vs. Purdue Key Stats
- Ohio State, on average, scores 7.0 more points (35.0) than Purdue allows (28.0).
- In games where Ohio State scores over 28.0 points, it is 3-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- Purdue is 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread when it allows fewer than 35.0 points.
- This season Purdue scores 15.5 more points per game (25.7) than Ohio State allows (10.2).
- When Purdue scores more than 10.2 points, it is 2-3 against the spread and 2-4 overall.
- Ohio State has a 2-2 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall when it gives up less than 25.7 points.
Below are some more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||434.4 (67)||389.7 (52)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||264.8 (5)||380.3 (94)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||131.6 (97)||141.2 (89)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||302.8 (17)||248.5 (61)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||3 (4)||10 (94)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (81)||7 (81)|
Ohio State vs. Purdue Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Ohio State averages 35.0 points per game against Purdue’s 25.7, amounting to 9.2 points over the matchup’s total of 51.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 38.2 points per game, 13.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Ohio State has a record of 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Purdue has covered twice in five chances against the spread this year.
- Ohio State has covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 20.5-point favorites.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Ohio State Statistical Leaders
- Kyle McCord has thrown for 1,375 yards (93-for-142), with eight touchdowns and one interception (275.0 yards per game).
- TreVeyon Henderson has taken 44 attempts for a team-leading 295 rushing yards (59.0 YPG) and five touchdowns.
- So far this year DeaMonte Trayanum has run for 207 yards (41.4 per game), with three touchdowns.
- Marvin Harrison Jr. has 25 catches (45 targets) and paces his team with 499 receiving yards (99.8 ypg) and four touchdowns.
- Cade Stover has also tacked on 306 yards, on 19 catches plus one touchdown. He puts up 61.2 receiving yards per game.
- Emeka Egbuka has caught 22 passes for 303 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 60.6 yards per game.
- This season J.T. Tuimoloau leads the team with 1.5 sacks and has added 1.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Tommy Eichenberg has collected 37 tackles and one sack to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Josh Proctor has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 22 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one pass defended in five games this season.
Purdue Statistical Leaders
- Hudson Card has thrown for 1,491 yards while completing 63.6% of his passes, with six touchdowns and five interceptions (248.5 yards per game).
- Devin Mockobee has rushed for a team-leading 368 yards on 87 carries (61.3 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns. He also averages 15.7 receiving yards per game, grabbing 14 passes for 94 yards.
- Tyrone Tracy Jr. has run for 296 yards on 50 carries (49.3 yards per game), with five touchdowns on the ground.
- This year Deion Burks has 24 catches for a team-high 396 yards (66.0 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Abdur-Rahmaan Yaseen has added 25 catches for 329 yards this year. He has been targeted 40 times, and averages 54.8 receiving yards.
- TJ Sheffield has totaled 284 yards on 24 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 47.3 yards per game.
- Kydran Jenkins has notched a team-leading 4.0 sacks, while adding 6.0 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Dillon Thieneman’s 49 tackles and three interceptions make him the team leader for tackles and interceptions.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!