NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: NBC
- City: Madison, Wisconsin
- Venue: Camp Randall Stadium
|Ohio State||-14.5 (-105)||O 43.5 (-120)||-769|
|Wisconsin||+14.5 (-116)||U 43.5 (-105)||+506|
Two of the nation’s strongest defensive units meet when the No. 3 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-0) take college football’s third-ranked scoring D into a contest versus the Wisconsin Badgers (5-2), featuring the No. 20 defense, on Saturday, October 28, 2023. The Buckeyes are heavy, 14.5-point favorites. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 43.5.
The Buckeyes enter the matchup after winning 20-12 over the Penn State Nittany Lions in their last game on October 21. The Badgers’ last game was a 25-21 win over the Illinois Fighting Illini.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Ohio State vs. Wisconsin Key Stats
- Ohio State has scored 33.7 points per game this season, 15.4 more than Wisconsin has given up.
- Ohio State is 6-0 overall and 4-1 against the spread when it scores more than 18.3 points.
- Wisconsin is 5-2 overall and 2-2 against the spread when it allows fewer than 33.7 points.
- This year Wisconsin puts up 16.9 more points per game (26.9) than Ohio State gives up (10.0).
- Wisconsin is 2-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when the team notches more than 10.0 points.
- This season Ohio State is 4-2 against the spread and 7-0 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 26.9 points.
Below are a few more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||431.9 (46)||395.9 (80)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||260.1 (4)||333.4 (33)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||127.0 (101)||179.1 (36)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||304.9 (14)||216.7 (83)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||6 (14)||11 (81)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (106)||10 (61)|
Ohio State vs. Wisconsin Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 60.6 points per game, 17.1 points more than the total of 43.5 for this contest.
- This matchup’s total is 15.2 fewer points than the 28.3 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2023.
- Ohio State has compiled a 4-2-0 ATS record so far this year.
- Wisconsin has won two games against the spread this year.
- Ohio State has been favored by 14.5 points or more four times this season, and covered the spread in three of those matchups.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Ohio State Statistical Leaders
- Kyle McCord has compiled 1,937 passing yards (276.7 per game) while connecting on 131 of 205 throws (63.9%), with 12 touchdowns and one interception.
- TreVeyon Henderson has taken 44 attempts for a team-high 295 rushing yards (42.1 YPG) and five touchdowns.
- DeaMonte Trayanum has 257 rushing yards on 60 attempts, and three touchdowns.
- Marvin Harrison Jr. has hauled in 42 receptions for 766 yards, best on his team, and six touchdowns. He has been targeted 74 times, and averages 109.4 receiving yards per game.
- Cade Stover has also added 27 receptions (on 34 targets) for 429 yards, scoring three touchdowns.
- Emeka Egbuka is averaging 43.3 yards per game, with 22 catches for 303 yards and three touchdowns.
- J.T. Tuimoloau has collected a team-leading 4.0 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 20 tackles.
- Tommy Eichenberg has totaled 51 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Lathan Ransom has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding 28 tackles and one pass defended.
Wisconsin Statistical Leaders
- Tanner Mordecai has 1,128 passing yards (161.1 per game) with a 63.7% completion percentage (114-for-179), throwing for three touchdowns with three interceptions. He also has 161 rushing yards on 51 carries and four touchdowns.
- Braelon Allen has run for a team-high 704 yards on 120 carries (100.6 yards per game) and eight touchdowns.
- Chez Mellusi has rushed for 306 yards on 51 carries (43.7 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground.
- This year Will Pauling has 37 catches for a team-high 398 yards (56.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- Chimere Dike has chipped in with 16 receptions (on 32 targets) for 282 yards and one touchdown.
- Bryson Green has racked up 218 yards on 17 receptions, averaging 31.1 yards per game.
- Darryl Peterson has registered a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Hunter Wohler has totaled 46 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- In terms of picks, Ricardo Hallman leads the team with four interceptions this season and has added 11 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!