NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Athens, Ohio
- Venue: Frank Solich Field at Peden Stadium
|Ohio||-25.5 (-112)||O 46.5 (-117)||-5000|
|Kent State||+25.5 (-108)||U 46.5 (-107)||+1337|
The Ohio Bobcats (4-1) are heavy favorites — expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -25.5) — against the Kent State Golden Flashes (1-4) in a matchup of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 46.5.
The Bobcats head into this matchup after a 38-7 win over the Bowling Green Falcons in their most recent outing. Their last time out, the Golden Flashes lost 23-3 to the Miami (OH) RedHawks.
We’ve collected all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Ohio vs. Kent State Key Stats
- Kent State has allowed an average of 34.0 points per game, 13.0 more than the 21.0 Ohio has scored.
- Kent State racks up 12.6 points per game, comparable to the 10.8 Ohio allows.
- Ohio has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall when it allows opponents to score less than 12.6 points.
Below are a few more important stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||322.4 (110)||268.8 (127)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||235.4 (6)||397.8 (92)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||138.2 (90)||116.2 (110)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||184.2 (112)||152.6 (122)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||9 (102)||3 (5)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||11 (8)||5 (97)|
Ohio vs. Kent State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 33.6 points per game, 12.9 points fewer than the total of 46.5 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 44.8 points per game, 1.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Ohio has won all two of its games against the spread this season.
- Kent State has won one game against the spread this year.
- Kent State has been an underdog by 25.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Ohio Statistical Leaders
- Kurtis Rourke has compiled 609 passing yards (121.8 per game) while connecting on 56 of 87 passes (64.4%), with five touchdowns and two interceptions. He has added 107 rushing yards, averaging 21.4 per game.
- Sieh Bangura has churned out a team-leading 287 rushing yards (57.4 per game) and zero scores.
- O’Shaan Allison has rushed for 212 yards (42.4 per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Sam Wiglusz has hauled in 21 catches for 204 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He has been targeted 34 times, and averages 40.8 receiving yards per game.
- Ty Walton has also chipped in with 16 catches for 162 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 22 times and puts up 32.4 receiving yards per game.
- Jacoby Jones is averaging 29.4 yards per game, with eight catches for 147 yards.
- This season Rayyan Buell leads the team with 2.5 sacks and has added 5.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Bryce Houston has totaled 43 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Austin Brawley has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 17 tackles and two passes defended.
Kent State Statistical Leaders
- Michael Alaimo has 763 passing yards (152.6 per game) and a 56% completion percentage, throwing one touchdown pass and three interceptions.
- Gavin Garcia has rushed for a team-leading 337 yards on 87 carries (67.4 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Xavier Williams has run for 135 yards on 41 carries (27.0 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Chrishon McCray has been targeted 32 times and has 19 catches, leading his team with 234 yards (46.8 per game).
- Trell Harris has also added 233 yards on 13 catches and one touchdown. He has been targeted 23 times and averages 46.6 receiving yards.
- Jameel Gardner Jr. has 119 receiving yards on eight receptions (14 targets).
- CJ West has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 3.0 TFL and 12 tackles.
- Devin Nicholson’s 35 tackles and 3.0 TFL mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- Khali Saunders has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 14 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended in five games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!