NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: DeKalb, Illinois
- Venue: Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium
|Ohio||-6.5 (-121)||O 46.5 (-114)||-270|
|Northern Illinois||+6.5 (+100)||U 46.5 (-111)||+212|
The Ohio Bobcats (5-1) are 6.5-point favorites on the road versus the Northern Illinois Huskies (2-4) on Saturday, October 14, 2023. Both teams have solid pass defenses, with the Bobcats ninth in the country against the pass, and the Huskies 13th. The total for this one is set at 46.5 points.
In their last game, the Bobcats won 42-17 over the Kent State Golden Flashes. The Huskies’ last game was a 55-14 win over the Akron Zips.
We’ve got all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Ohio vs. Northern Illinois Key Stats
- Ohio’s average points scored this season (24.5) and Northern Illinois’ points allowed (24.0) are within 0.5 points of each other.
- In games where Ohio scores over 24.0 points, it is 3-0 overall and 0-1 against the spread.
- When the Huskies defense allows less than 24.5 points, Northern Illinois has put together a 2-2 overall record and a 1-1 record against the spread.
- Northern Illinois racks up 25.2 points per game, 13.4 more than Ohio gives up (11.8).
- Northern Illinois is 2-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall when the team puts up more than 11.8 points.
- This season Ohio is 2-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 25.2 points.
Here are a few more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||346.3 (81)||359.5 (71)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||234.2 (8)||331.8 (54)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||142.8 (85)||164.7 (58)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||203.5 (98)||194.8 (103)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||9 (82)||9 (82)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||12 (9)||7 (81)|
Ohio vs. Northern Illinois Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 49.7 points per game, 3.2 points more than the point total of 46.5 for this contest.
- These two teams give up a combined 35.8 points per game, 10.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Ohio has covered twice in three matchups with a spread this season.
- Northern Illinois has won two games against the spread this season.
- Ohio has not covered the spread when favored by 6.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Northern Illinois has covered the spread once when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Ohio Statistical Leaders
- This season Kurtis Rourke has 909 passing yards (151.5 yards per game) while going 76-for-119 (63.9%) and tossing eight touchdowns with two interceptions. He has tacked on 133 rushing yards and one touchdown, averaging 22.2 yards per game.
- Sieh Bangura has churned out a team-best 328 rushing yards (54.7 YPG) plus two touchdowns.
- O’Shaan Allison has 239 rushing yards on 78 carries, and one touchdown.
- Sam Wiglusz has reeled in 25 passes for a team-high 248 yards plus two touchdowns. He averages 41.3 receiving yards per game.
- Miles Cross has 17 catches for 246 yards (41.0 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Ty Walton has 175 receiving yards on 17 receptions (23 targets), with one touchdown, averaging 29.2 yards per game.
- This season Rayyan Buell leads the team with 3.5 sacks and has added 6.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Bryce Houston’s 52 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two interceptions mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
- Austin Brawley has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 25 tackles and two passes defended.
Northern Illinois Statistical Leaders
- This year Rocky Lombardi has racked up 1,015 passing yards (169.2 per game) while going 82-for-147 (55.8%) and throwing for five touchdowns with four interceptions.
- Antario Brown has taken 93 attempts for a team-leading 614 rushing yards (102.3 per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- Gavin Williams has 142 yards on 38 carries (23.7 yards per game), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Kacper Rutkiewicz has reeled in 20 passes for a team-high 313 yards and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 38 times, and averages 52.2 yards per game.
- Grayson Barnes has been targeted 16 times, and tacked on 145 yards (on nine catches) and one touchdown.
- Trayvon Rudolph has racked up 138 yards on 15 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 23.0 yards per game.
- This season George Gumbs leads the team with 3.5 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Jaden Dolphin has collected 26 tackles and 1.0 TFL, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Nate Valcarel has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 10 tackles and two passes defended in six games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!