NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS
- City: University Park, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Beaver Stadium
|Penn State||-31.5 (-101)||O 45.5 (-106)||-10000|
|Indiana||+31.5 (-120)||U 45.5 (-119)||+1569|
Two of the country’s best passing defenses square off when the No. 10 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-1) carry college football’s second-ranked unit into a contest versus the Indiana Hoosiers (2-5), featuring the No. 23 pass D, on Saturday, October 28, 2023. The Nittany Lions are heavy, 31.5-point favorites. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 45.5.
The Nittany Lions fell to the Ohio State Buckeyes 20-12 in their last game. Last time out, the Hoosiers lost 31-14 to the Rutgers Scarlet Knights.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Penn State vs. Indiana Key Stats
- Penn State, on average, is scoring 10.4 more points per game this season (39.7) than Indiana is allowing (29.3).
- When it goes over what Indiana gives up this season (29.3 points per game), Penn State is 6-0 and 3-0 against the spread.
- Indiana is 2-3 overall and 2-2 against the spread when it allows fewer than 39.7 points.
- Indiana racks up 8.2 more points per game (17.9) than Penn State allows (9.7).
- When Indiana puts up more than 9.7 points, it is 1-3 against the spread and 2-3 overall.
- Penn State has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall when it allows less than 17.9 points.
Here are a few more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||400 (75)||311.7 (123)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||218.1 (1)||366.1 (52)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||181.3 (34)||113.7 (112)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||218.7 (79)||198 (102)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||3 (2)||10 (63)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||14 (13)||6 (118)|
Penn State vs. Indiana Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The point total for the game of 45.5 is 12.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Penn State (39.7 points per game) and Indiana (17.9 points per game).
- The 39 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 6.5 fewer than the 45.5 total in this contest.
- Penn State has covered three times in six games with a spread this season.
- Indiana has covered twice in six matchups with a spread this year.
- Penn State has been favored by 31.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Penn State Statistical Leaders
- Drew Allar has thrown for 1,445 yards while completing 61% of his passes (136-for-223), with 13 touchdowns and zero interceptions (206.4 yards per game).
- Nicholas Singleton has run for a team-high 410 yards (58.6 per game) and six touchdowns. He also has 117 receiving yards on 14 catches and one touchdown.
- Kaytron Allen has 401 rushing yards on 87 attempts, and three touchdowns.
- KeAndre Lambert-Smith has 37 catches (57 targets) and paces his team with 454 receiving yards (64.9 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Theo Johnson has added 16 catches for 193 yards and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 26 times and puts up 27.6 receiving yards per game.
- Harrison Wallace III has 161 receiving yards on 15 receptions (20 targets), averaging 23 yards per game.
- Adisa Isaac has notched a team-leading 5.5 sacks, while adding eight TFL and 18 tackles.
- This season Curtis Jacobs has collected 30 tackles, three TFL, and one sack, leading his team in tackles.
- Daequan Hardy has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 10 tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended.
Indiana Statistical Leaders
- This season Tayven Jackson has racked up 914 passing yards (130.6 per game) while going 78-for-128 (60.9%) and throwing for two touchdowns with five interceptions.
- Jaylin Lucas has rushed for a team-leading 247 yards on 55 attempts (35.3 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns. He also averages 30.3 receiving yards per game, grabbing 29 passes for 212 yards and two touchdowns.
- Christian Turner has rushed for 227 yards on 52 carries (32.4 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- This season Cam Camper has 17 catches for a team-high 285 yards (40.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- Donaven McCulley has been targeted 30 times, and chipped in with 224 yards (on 20 catches) and one touchdown.
- Lanell Carr has three sacks to lead the team, and has also added five TFL and 19 tackles.
- Aaron Casey’s 52 tackles, six TFL, and three sacks mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- Phillip Dunnam has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 35 tackles and three passes defended in seven games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!