NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: BTN
- City: University Park, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Beaver Stadium
|Penn State||– ()||O 57.5 (-111)||-10000|
|UMass||+ ()||U 57.5 (-114)||+1569|
The No. 6 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-0) are considered favorites (-) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game against the UMass Minutemen (1-6) on October 14, 2023, starting at 3:30 PM ET, airing on BTN. The total for this one is set at 57.5 points.
The Nittany Lions beat the Northwestern Wildcats 41-13 in their last outing. The Minutemen are coming off of a 41-24 loss to the Toledo Rockets.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Penn State vs. UMass Key Stats
- UMass has allowed 39.4 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 40.6 Penn State has scored.
- In games where Penn State scores more than 39.4 points, it is 2-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread.
- When UMass limits opposing offenses to less than 40.6 points, it is 1-2 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- UMass averages 16.5 more points per game (26.1) than Penn State allows (9.6).
- UMass is 1-2 against the spread and 1-6 overall in games when it puts up more than 9.6 points.
- When Penn State allows fewer than 26.1 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
Here are a few more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||430.4 (72)||396.4 (17)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||210.6 (1)||452.1 (133)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||194.8 (27)||142.7 (86)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||235.6 (68)||253.7 (53)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||1 (1)||10 (94)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||12 (9)||8 (58)|
Penn State vs. UMass Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The total for the game of 57.5 is 9.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Penn State (40.6 points per game) and UMass (26.1 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 49 points per game, 8.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Penn State has won all two of its games against the spread this season.
- UMass has covered once in four matchups with a spread this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Penn State Statistical Leaders
- Drew Allar has 1,092 yards through the air (218.4 per game) and a 64.6% completion percentage (102-for-158), pitching nine touchdown passes and zero interceptions. He also has 78 rushing yards on 31 carries (with two touchdowns).
- Kaytron Allen has run for a team-high 307 yards (61.4 YPG) and picked up two touchdowns.
- Nicholas Singleton has accumulated 283 rushing yards on 74 carries (56.6 YPG), with six touchdowns on the ground. He also has 13 catches for 111 yards and one touchdown.
- KeAndre Lambert-Smith has racked up 25 receptions for 372 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 36 times, and averages 74.4 receiving yards per game.
- Tyler Warren has 14 catches for 115 yards (23.0 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Zuriah Fisher has notched a team-leading 2.5 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and seven tackles.
- Curtis Jacobs has racked up 17 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Daequan Hardy has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding three tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
UMass Statistical Leaders
- Carlos Davis has 886 passing yards (126.6 per game) and a 61.4% completion percentage, throwing six touchdown passes and three interceptions.
- Kay’Ron Adams has 130 carries for a team-high 661 rushing yards (94.4 per game) and six touchdowns.
- So far this season Gregroy Desrosiers has rushed for 107 yards on 18 carries (15.3 yards per game), with one touchdown. Desrosiers also helps out in the passing game, catching 12 passes for 148 (21.1 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Anthony Simpson has been targeted 51 times and has 33 catches, leading his team with 566 yards (80.9 per game) while hauling in three touchdowns.
- Mark Pope has chipped in with 20 catches for 272 yards and one touchdown this year. He has been targeted 31 times, and averages 38.9 receiving yards.
- George Johnson has caught 20 passes on 33 targets for 262 yards and two touchdowns.
- Billy Wooden boasts an impressive stat line to lead the team in sacks and total tackles, piling up 4.0 sacks, 4.0 TFL and 24 tackles.
- Tyler Rudolph has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding 16 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and three passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!