NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: BTN
- City: Piscataway, New Jersey
- Venue: SHI Stadium
|Rutgers||-5.5 (-108)||O 41.5 (-107)||-212|
|Michigan State||+5.5 (-112)||U 41.5 (-117)||+170|
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (4-2) and Michigan State Spartans (2-3) will face off in a battle of two conference rivals. The Scarlet Knights are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -5.5). The predicted point total for the game is 41.5.
The Scarlet Knights were beaten by the Wisconsin Badgers 24-13 in their most recent game. The Spartans are coming off of a 26-16 loss to the Iowa Hawkeyes.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Rutgers vs. Michigan State Key Stats
- Rutgers has averaged 4.0 more points this season (27.8) than Michigan State has allowed (23.8).
- In games where Rutgers scores more than 23.8 points, it is 4-0 overall and 3-0 against the spread.
- When Michigan State limits opposing offenses to less than 27.8 points, it is 2-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- Michigan State puts up 21.6 points per game, 6.9 more than Rutgers gives up (14.7).
- When Michigan State records more than 14.7 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Rutgers has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall when it allows less than 21.6 points.
Here are a few more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||334.7 (96)||371.4 (110)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||282.8 (26)||341.8 (27)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||173.5 (52)||120.0 (106)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||161.2 (119)||251.4 (56)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||4 (10)||12 (121)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (58)||6 (96)|
Rutgers vs. Michigan State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Rutgers averages 27.8 points per game against Michigan State’s 21.6, totaling 7.9 points over the game’s over/under of 41.5.
- The 38.5 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 3.0 fewer than the 41.5 over/under in this contest.
- Rutgers has covered three times in five chances against the spread this season.
- Michigan State has a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this year.
- Rutgers is 3-0 ATS this season when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- Michigan State has been an underdog by 5.5 points or more two times this year, and covered the spread in one of those matchups.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Rutgers Statistical Leaders
- This season Gavin Wimsatt has accumulated 914 passing yards (152.3 yards per game) while completing 51.8% of his passes, with six touchdowns and two interceptions. He also has 230 yards on the ground on 50 attempts (plus four scores), averaging 38.3 YPG.
- Kyle Monangai has rushed for a team-leading 487 yards (81.2 per game) and six touchdowns.
- JaQuae Jackson has 15 receptions for a team-high 253 yards (42.2 per game).
- Christian Dremel has 15 catches for 200 yards (33.3 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Isaiah Washington is averaging 25.2 yards per game, with 13 catches for 151 yards.
- Tyreem Powell has put together an impressive stat line to lead the team in sacks and total tackles, putting up 3.0 sacks, 2.0 TFL and 46 tackles.
- This season Jordan Thompson leads the team with one interception and has added 11 tackles and one pass defended.
Michigan State Statistical Leaders
- This year Noah Kim has racked up 1,090 passing yards (218.0 per game) while going 91-for-161 (56.5%) and throwing for six touchdowns with six interceptions. He has added 53 rushing yards on 27 carries.
- Nathan Carter has 93 carries for a team-high 477 rushing yards (95.4 per game) and four touchdowns.
- This year Montorie Foster has 19 catches and leads the team with 226 yards (45.2 per game).
- Jaron Glover has also added 10 catches for 212 yards this year. He has been targeted 21 times, and puts up 42.4 receiving yards.
- Tre Mosley is averaging 38.4 receiving yards per game, racking up 17 receptions (30 targets) for 192 yards and one touchdown.
- Aaron Brule has registered a team-leading 2.0 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Malik Spencer has collected 33 tackles and 1.0 TFL this season, leading his team in tackles.
- Angelo Grose has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 23 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two passes defended in five games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!