NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Huntsville, Texas
- Venue: Elliott T. Bowers Stadium
|Sam Houston||-3.5 (-112)||O 34.5 (-133)||-181|
|UTEP||+3.5 (-108)||U 34.5 (+105)||+147|
The Sam Houston Bearkats (0-7) and UTEP Miners (2-6) will play each other in a battle of two conference rivals. The Bearkats are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 34.5.
The Bearkats head into this matchup following a 33-27 loss to the Florida International Panthers in their most recent outing. The Miners are coming off of a 28-7 loss to the New Mexico State Aggies.
We’ve collected all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Sam Houston vs. UTEP Key Stats
- The average points scored by Sam Houston this season, 13.4, is 13.0 fewer than the 26.4 UTEP has given up per game.
- When it exceeds what UTEP gives up this season (26.4 points per game), Sam Houston is 0-2 and 0-1 against the spread.
- UTEP puts up 16.4 points per game, 9.5 fewer than Sam Houston gives up (25.9).
- UTEP is 0-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in games when it records more than 25.9 points.
- This season Sam Houston is 0-0 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 16.4 points.
Here are some more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||283.1 (131)||352.5 (69)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||383.3 (73)||388.9 (108)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||74.3 (132)||151.6 (71)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||208.9 (94)||200.9 (100)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (38)||11 (81)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||6 (116)||5 (123)|
Sam Houston vs. UTEP Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 29.8 points per game, 4.7 points fewer than the over/under of 34.5 for this contest.
- The 52.3 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 17.8 more than the 34.5 over/under in this contest.
- Sam Houston has a record of 1-3-0 against the spread this season.
- UTEP has put together a 0-5-0 record against the spread this year.
- UTEP has not covered the spread this year (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Sam Houston Statistical Leaders
- This year Keegan Shoemaker has collected 1,322 passing yards (188.9 yards per game) while completing 62.4% of his passes, with eight touchdowns and six interceptions. He also has 133 rushing yards on 45 carries, averaging 19.0 yards per game.
- John Gentry has 60 attempts for a team-best 170 rushing yards (24.3 per game) and zero touchdowns. He also has 19 catches for 161 receiving yards (23.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Noah Smith has hauled in 47 passes for a team best 399 yards and four touchdowns. He averages 57.0 receiving yards per game.
- Malik Phillips has contributed with 24 receptions (on 36 targets) for 326 yards.
- Al’Vonte Woodard has caught 15 passes for 169 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 24.1 yards per game.
- This season Issiah Nixon leads the team with 3.5 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Trevor Williams has collected 72 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Da’Marcus Crosby has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding 19 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
UTEP Statistical Leaders
- This year, Gavin Hardison has recorded 947 passing yards (118.4 per game) while connecting on 73 of 129 passes (56.6%), with five touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- Deion Hankins has 108 attempts for a team-high 562 rushing yards (70.3 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Torrance Burgess Jr. has 477 yards on 95 carries (59.6 yards per game), with two rushing touchdowns. He also has 12 catches for 179 yards.
- This year Kelly Akharaiyi has 26 catches for a team-high 519 yards (64.9 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Jeremiah Ballard has added 23 receptions (on 42 targets) for 386 yards and one touchdown.
- Tyrin Smith is averaging 23.9 receiving yards per game, racking up 19 receptions (29 targets) for 191 yards and one touchdown.
- Praise Amaewhule has registered a team-leading 5.0 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL, 25 tackles, and one interception.
- Tyrice Knight has collected 74 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- In terms of picks, Amaewhule leads the team with one interception this season and has added 25 tackles, 4.0 TFL, five sacks, and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!