NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Monroe, Georgia
- Venue: JPS Field at Malone Stadium
|South Alabama||-11.5 (-106)||O 52.5 (-107)||-476|
|UL Monroe||+11.5 (-114)||U 52.5 (-117)||+347|
The South Alabama Jaguars (2-3) are big favorites (-11.5) versus the UL Monroe Warhawks (2-2) in a battle of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 52.5.
The Jaguars head into the matchup after losing 31-23 to the James Madison Dukes in their last outing on September 30. The Warhawks are coming off of a loss to the Appalachian State Mountaineers by the score of 41-40.
We’ve collected all the details you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
South Alabama vs. UL Monroe Key Stats
- South Alabama has put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game this season (27.6) as UL Monroe has allowed (28.8).
- In games where South Alabama scores over 28.8 points, it is 2-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- When UL Monroe limits opposing offenses to less than 27.6 points, it is 2-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread.
- UL Monroe puts up 21.0 points per game, 4.2 fewer than South Alabama surrenders (25.2).
- When South Alabama allows opponents to score less than 21.0 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
Below are some more important stats from this season:
|South Alabama||UL Monroe|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||380.0 (74)||344.0 (125)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||357.6 (66)||421.8 (55)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||148.8 (74)||205.5 (16)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||231.2 (70)||138.5 (127)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (83)||4 (18)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (37)||11 (8)|
South Alabama vs. UL Monroe Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The over/under for the matchup of 52.5 is 3.9 points more than the combined points per game averages for South Alabama (27.6 points per game) and UL Monroe (21.0 points per game).
- This game’s total is 1.5 fewer points than the 54 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2023.
- South Alabama has a record of 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- UL Monroe has a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- South Alabama has not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 11.5-point favorites.
- UL Monroe has been an underdog by 11.5 points or more two times this year, and covered the spread in one of those matchups.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
South Alabama Statistical Leaders
- Carter Bradley has 1,153 yards through the air (230.6 per game) and a 65.1% completion percentage (97-for-149), throwing eight touchdown passes and five interceptions.
- La’Damian Webb has 64 attempts for a team-leading 376 rushing yards (75.2 per game) and seven touchdowns.
- So far this season Kentrel Bullock has run for 247 yards (49.4 per game), with one touchdown.
- Caullin Lacy has 32 catches (on 46 targets) and leads the team with 567 receiving yards (113.4 per game) while hauling in five touchdowns.
- Jamaal Pritchett has also tacked on 226 yards, on 17 catches plus one touchdown. He averages 45.2 receiving yards per game.
- Devin Voisin is averaging 15.4 yards per game, racking up five receptions (seven targets) for 77 yards and one touchdown.
- Jamie Sheriff has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 2.0 TFL and six tackles.
- Trey Kiser’s 13 tackles and 3.0 TFL mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- Marquise Robinson has a team-high one interception and has tacked on five tackles and one pass defended in five games this season.
UL Monroe Statistical Leaders
- Jiya Wright has thrown for 433 yards while completing 54% of his passes, with four touchdowns and three interceptions (108.3 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 33 times for 143 yards and one touchdown.
- Hunter Smith has churned out a team-high 258 rushing yards (64.5 per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- Isaiah Woullard has rushed for 247 yards on 39 carries (61.8 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- This year Tyrone Howell has 23 receptions and leads the team with 234 yards (58.5 per game) while hauling in four touchdowns.
- Dariyan Wiley has tacked on 136 yards on nine catches and one touchdown. He has been targeted 15 times and averages 34.0 receiving yards.
- Devaughn Mortimer is averaging 17.0 yards per game, with three catches for 68 yards.
- This season James Smith leads the team with 2.5 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and six tackles.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Michael Batton has racked up 28 tackles and 0.5 sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Jaterious Evans has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 18 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!