NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Birmingham, Alabama
- Venue: Protective Stadium
|South Florida||-3.5 (-101)||O 65.5 (-116)||-153|
|UAB||+3.5 (-120)||U 65.5 (-109)||+125|
The South Florida Bulls (3-2) and UAB Blazers (1-4) will play each other in a battle of two conference rivals. The Bulls are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). An over/under of 65.5 points has been set for the matchup.
In their last outing, the Bulls won 44-30 over the Navy Midshipmen. The Blazers are coming off of a 35-23 loss to the Tulane Green Wave.
We’ve got all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
South Florida vs. UAB Key Stats
- UAB has allowed its opponents an average of 36.0 points per game this season, 5.8 more than the 30.2 South Florida has put on the board per contest.
- When it exceeds what UAB gives up this season (36.0 points per game), South Florida is 3-0 and 1-0 against the spread.
- This season UAB scores just 1.2 fewer points per game (27.0) than South Florida allows (28.2).
- UAB is 0-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall when the team scores more than 28.2 points.
- South Florida has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall when it allows opponents to score fewer than 27.0 points.
Below are some more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||435.6 (33)||418.2 (44)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||398.0 (93)||433.6 (115)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||183.6 (40)||124.2 (102)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||252.0 (51)||294.0 (22)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||9 (102)||8 (83)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (53)||10 (14)|
South Florida vs. UAB Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 57.2 points per game, 8.3 points fewer than the over/under of 65.5 for this game.
- This game’s point total is 1.3 fewer points than the 64.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2023.
- South Florida has won two games against the spread this season.
- UAB has a record of 2-0-0 against the spread this season.
- UAB has been an underdog by 3.5 points or more two times this year, and covered the spread both times.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
South Florida Statistical Leaders
- This season Byrum Brown has recorded 1,223 passing yards (244.6 yards per game) while completing 61% of his passes, with nine touchdowns and three interceptions. He also has 330 yards on the ground on 89 attempts (plus five scores), averaging 66.0 yards per game.
- Nay’Quan Wright has 287 rushing yards on 70 carries, and two touchdowns.
- Naiem Simmons has been targeted 31 times and has 20 catches, leading his team with 380 yards (76.0 ypg) while hauling in two touchdowns.
- Sean Atkins has contributed with 28 catches for 331 yards and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 37 times and puts up 66.2 receiving yards per game.
- Khafre Brown has collected 248 yards on 14 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 49.6 yards per game.
- This season Daquan Evans leads the team with 3.0 sacks and has added 7.0 TFL and 23 tackles.
- Jhalyn Shuler has totaled 28 tackles, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Logan Berryhill has picked off two passes to lead the team while adding 16 tackles and two passes defended.
UAB Statistical Leaders
- Jacob Zeno has passed for 1,442 yards (157-of-208), with eight touchdowns and four interceptions (288.4 yards per game). He’s also rushed 43 times for 102 yards and three touchdowns.
- Isaiah Jacobs has churned out a team-high 249 rushing yards (49.8 per game) and scored three touchdowns.
- Jermaine Brown Jr. has rushed for 154 yards on 40 carries (30.8 yards per game), with three touchdowns on the ground. He also has 17 catches for 125 yards.
- Tejhaun Palmer has racked up 20 receptions for 231 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He averages 46.2 receiving yards per game.
- Amare Thomas has also contributed with 227 yards on 23 catches and one touchdown. He has been targeted 29 times and averages 45.4 receiving yards.
- Fred Farrier II has 193 receiving yards on 10 receptions (16 targets).
- This season Kevin Penn leads the team with 3.0 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Keondre Swoopes’ 29 tackles make him the team’s leading tackler.
- In terms of picks, Chris Bracy leads the team with one interception this season and has added three tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!