NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Friday, November 3, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Syracuse, New York
- Venue: JMA Wireless Dome
|Syracuse||-5.5 (+122)||O 51.5 (-105)||-151|
|Boston College||+5.5 (-149)||U 51.5 (-120)||+123|
The Syracuse Orange (4-4) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -5.5) — against the Boston College Eagles (5-3) in a matchup of two conference rivals. An over/under of 51.5 points has been set for the matchup.
The Orange played the Virginia Tech Hokies in their last game, falling 38-10. Last time out, the Eagles knocked off the UConn Huskies 21-14.
We’ve collected all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Syracuse vs. Boston College Key Stats
- Syracuse’s average points scored this season (26.4) and Boston College’s points allowed (28.4) are within 2.0 points of each other.
- When it goes over what Boston College gives up this season (28.4 points per game), Syracuse is 4-0 and 1-1 against the spread.
- Boston College is 4-0 overall and 2-1 against the spread when it allows fewer than 26.4 points.
- Boston College racks up 28.1 points per game, 4.0 more than Syracuse gives up (24.1).
- Boston College is 2-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall when the team records more than 24.1 points.
- Syracuse has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall when it surrenders fewer than 28.1 points.
Below are a few more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||367.0 (86)||419.4 (51)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||399.1 (91)||362.5 (55)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||146.1 (79)||211.0 (14)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||220.9 (76)||208.4 (91)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||12 (79)||10 (47)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||12 (54)||9 (93)|
Syracuse vs. Boston College Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 54.5 points per game, 3.0 points more than the total of 51.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 52.5 points per game, 1.0 more than this contest’s over/under.
- Syracuse has covered just once in seven chances against the spread this season.
- Boston College has a record of 2-2-0 against the spread this year.
- Syracuse has not covered the spread when favored by 5.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Boston College has covered the spread once when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this year (in two opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Syracuse Statistical Leaders
- This year Garrett Shrader has registered 1,513 yards through the air (189.1 yards per game) while completing 62.4% of his passes, with nine touchdowns and five interceptions. He also has 316 yards on the ground on 89 attempts (plus six scores), averaging 39.5 yards per game.
- LeQuint Allen has picked up a team-leading 553 rushing yards (69.1 YPG) plus seven touchdowns. He has added 25 catches for 170 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Damien Alford has reeled in 24 passes for a team-high 389 yards and one touchdown. He averages 48.6 receiving yards per game.
- Umari Hatcher has also contributed with 22 receptions (on 42 targets) for 356 yards, scoring two touchdowns.
- Donovan Brown has caught 23 passes on 36 targets for 305 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Marlowe Wax has team-high numbers in both sacks and tackles, collecting 4.0 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 57 tackles.
- Justin Barron has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 52 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two passes defended in eight games this season.
Boston College Statistical Leaders
- Thomas Castellanos has thrown for 1,571 yards while completing 58.5% of his passes, with 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions (196.4 yards per game). He also has 125 carries for 673 yards and nine touchdowns.
- So far this year Kye Robichaux has run for 495 yards on 99 carries (61.9 yards per game), with six touchdowns.
- Lewis Bond has hauled in 31 passes for a team best 437 yards and five touchdowns. He has been targeted 46 times, and averages 54.6 yards per game.
- Joseph Griffin Jr. has been targeted 48 times, and added 261 yards (on 21 catches) and one touchdown.
- Ryan O’Keefe has totaled 235 yards on 23 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 29.4 yards per game.
- Shitta Sillah has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 2.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Vinny DePalma has totaled 43 tackles and 1.0 TFL this season, leading his team in tackles.
- Elijah Jones has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 18 tackles and three passes defended in eight games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!