NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN
- City: Fort Worth, Texas
- Venue: Amon G. Carter Stadium
|TCU||-5.5 (-107)||O 51.5 (-117)||-204|
|BYU||+5.5 (-113)||U 51.5 (-107)||+164|
In a battle of two conference rivals, the TCU Horned Frogs (3-3) will meet the BYU Cougars (4-1). The Horned Frogs are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -5.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 51.5.
In their last game, the Horned Frogs fell to the Iowa State Cyclones 27-14. The Cougars are coming off of a 35-27 win over the Cincinnati Bearcats.
We’ve got all the details you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
TCU vs. BYU Key Stats
- TCU has averaged 8.9 more points this season (31.3) than BYU has allowed (22.4).
- TCU is 3-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it scores over 22.4 points.
- When BYU limits opposing offenses to less than 31.3 points, it is 4-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- BYU scores 31.0 points per game, 9.0 more than TCU surrenders (22.0).
- BYU is 2-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall in games when it records more than 22.0 points.
- When TCU allows opponents to score fewer than 31.0 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
Below are a few more important stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||472.5 (12)||318.6 (124)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||367.7 (80)||360.8 (37)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||192.2 (30)||62.8 (132)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||280.3 (27)||255.8 (50)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (94)||5 (16)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (81)||9 (37)|
TCU vs. BYU Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The point total for the game of 51.5 is 10.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for TCU (31.3 points per game) and BYU (31.0 points per game).
- This game’s point total is 7.1 fewer points than the 44.4 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2023.
- TCU has covered once in three games with a spread this season.
- BYU has put together a perfect 2-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- TCU has covered the spread once when favored by 5.5 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- BYU has won their only game this year when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
TCU Statistical Leaders
- This season Chandler Morris has racked up 1,509 passing yards (251.5 yards per game) while completing 65.7% of his passes, with 12 touchdowns and five interceptions. He also has 249 yards on the ground on 45 carries (plus three scores), averaging 41.5 YPG.
- Emani Bailey has taken 121 attempts for a team-high 690 rushing yards (115.0 YPG) and two touchdowns.
- John Paul Richardson has racked up 21 catches for 295 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He has been targeted 30 times, and averages 49.2 receiving yards per game.
- Warren Thompson has also contributed with 14 receptions (on 17 targets) for 194 yards, scoring one touchdown.
- Jared Wiley has caught 18 passes on 28 targets for 156 yards and three touchdowns.
- Paul Oyewale has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 4.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Namdi Obiazor’s 44 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack make him the team’s top tackler.
- Bud Clark has picked off two passes to lead the team while adding nine tackles and two passes defended.
BYU Statistical Leaders
- Kedon Slovis has passed for 1,240 yards (98-of-165), with 10 touchdowns and three interceptions (248.0 yards per game).
- LJ Martin has 72 carries for a team-high 289 rushing yards (57.8 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Deion Smith has 30 yards on 18 carries (6.0 yards per game), with one rushing touchdown.
- This year Chase Roberts has 24 catches and leads the team with 358 yards (71.6 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Isaac Rex has tacked on 274 yards on 18 catches and one touchdown. He has been targeted 37 times and averages 54.8 receiving yards.
- Darius Lassiter is averaging 44.4 yards per game, with 18 catches for 222 yards and three touchdowns.
- Tyler Batty has registered a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Max Tooley’s 35 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- Jakob Robinson has picked off three passes to lead the team while adding 17 tackles and three passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!