NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: Fox Sports 2
- City: Ames, Iowa
- Venue: Jack Trice Stadium
|TCU||-5.5 (-108)||O 50.5 (-109)||-208|
|Iowa State||+5.5 (-112)||U 50.5 (-116)||+167|
The TCU Horned Frogs (3-2) and Iowa State Cyclones (2-3) will face off in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Horned Frogs are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -5.5). An over/under of 50.5 points has been set for the matchup.
In their most recent game, the Horned Frogs lost 24-21 to the West Virginia Mountaineers. The Cyclones’ last game was a 50-20 loss to the Oklahoma Sooners.
We’ve got all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
TCU vs. Iowa State Key Stats
- TCU, on average, is scoring 11.6 more points per game this season (34.8) than Iowa State is allowing (23.2).
- When it goes over what Iowa State gives up this season (23.2 points per game), TCU is 3-1 and 1-0 against the spread.
- When Iowa State limits opposing offenses to less than 34.8 points, it is 2-2 overall and 1-2 against the spread.
- Iowa State averages 20.8 points per game, comparable to the 21.0 TCU allows.
- Iowa State is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games when it puts up more than 21.0 points.
- This season TCU is 1-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when it holds opponents to less than 20.8 points.
Below are some more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||487.4 (11)||317.0 (113)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||370.6 (78)||338.6 (56)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||193.6 (31)||96.6 (121)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||293.8 (23)||220.4 (86)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||6 (49)||5 (28)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (53)||6 (76)|
TCU vs. Iowa State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- TCU averages 34.8 points per game against Iowa State’s 20.8, totaling 5.1 points over the matchup’s over/under of 50.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 44.2 points per game, 6.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- TCU has covered once in two chances against the spread this season.
- Iowa State has won just one game against the spread this year.
- TCU has covered the spread once when favored by 5.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- Iowa State has been an underdog by 5.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
TCU Statistical Leaders
- Chandler Morris has 1,415 passing yards (283.0 YPG) and a 65.9% completion percentage (120-for-182) while pitching 11 touchdowns and three interceptions. He also has 235 yards on the ground on 40 attempts (plus three touchdowns), averaging 47.0 yards per game.
- Emani Bailey has picked up a team-high 538 rushing yards (107.6 per game) and two scores.
- John Paul Richardson has been targeted 24 times and has 17 catches, leading his team with 272 yards (54.4 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Warren Thompson has been targeted 14 times and contributed with 159 yards (on 12 catches) plus one touchdown.
- Jared Wiley has caught 16 passes for 138 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 27.6 yards per game.
- Paul Oyewale has registered a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Namdi Obiazor has collected 39 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack and leads the team in tackles.
- Bud Clark has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on nine tackles and two passes defended in five games this season.
Iowa State Statistical Leaders
- Rocco Becht has 1,085 passing yards (217.0 per game) and a 60.5% completion percentage, throwing nine touchdown passes and five interceptions. He also has 58 rushing yards on 21 carries (with one touchdown), averaging 11.6 yards per game.
- Cartevious Norton has rushed for a team-leading 143 yards on 45 attempts (28.6 yards per game).
- Abu Sama III has rushed for 133 yards on 32 carries (26.6 yards per game).
- Jaylin Noel has 24 catches (37 targets) and paces his team with 250 receiving yards (50.0 per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Jayden Higgins has been targeted 28 times, and contributed with 244 yards (on 16 catches) and three touchdowns.
- Daniel Jackson has racked up 168 yards on 10 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 33.6 yards per game.
- Caleb Bacon has collected a team-leading 2.0 sacks, while adding 6.0 TFL and 19 tackles.
- Beau Freyler’s 27 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- In terms of picks, Jeremiah Cooper leads the team with four interceptions this season and has added 19 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!