NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Fort Worth, Texas
- Venue: Amon G. Carter Stadium
|TCU||-11.5 (-107)||O 51.5 (-105)||-476|
|West Virginia||+11.5 (-113)||U 51.5 (-120)||+347|
The TCU Horned Frogs (3-1) and West Virginia Mountaineers (3-1) will face off in a battle of two conference rivals. The Horned Frogs are heavy favorites (-11.5). The matchup has an over/under of 51.5 points.
In their last outing, the Horned Frogs won 34-17 over the SMU Mustangs. The Mountaineers’ last game was a 20-13 win over the Texas Tech Red Raiders.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
TCU vs. West Virginia Key Stats
- TCU has averaged 19.8 more points scored this season (38.3) than West Virginia has allowed (18.5).
- In games where TCU scores over 18.5 points, it is 3-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- West Virginia is 3-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread when it allows fewer than 38.3 points.
- West Virginia racks up 6.7 more points per game (27.0) than TCU gives up (20.3).
- TCU has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall when it allows less than 27.0 points.
Below are some more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||501.0 (13)||348.5 (97)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||377.5 (82)||311.0 (35)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||208.3 (20)||189.5 (40)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||292.8 (23)||159.0 (119)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||6 (69)||5 (50)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (33)||5 (74)|
TCU vs. West Virginia Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The over/under for the game of 51.5 is 13.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for TCU (38.3 points per game) and West Virginia (27.0 points per game).
- The 38.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 12.7 fewer than the 51.5 over/under in this contest.
- TCU has covered in its only game with a spread this season.
- West Virginia has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- West Virginia has been an underdog by 11.5 points or more this year once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a look at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
TCU Statistical Leaders
- This season Chandler Morris has collected 1,117 yards through the air (279.3 YPG) while completing 68.8% of his passes, with nine touchdowns and three interceptions. He also has 184 yards on the ground on 29 attempts (plus two scores), averaging 46.0 yards per game.
- Emani Bailey has taken 81 attempts for a team-high 483 rushing yards (120.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- John Paul Richardson has 14 receptions for a team-high 185 yards (46.3 per game).
- Warren Thompson has 12 catches for 159 yards (39.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jared Wiley is averaging 32.3 yards per game, with 15 catches for 129 yards and three touchdowns.
- This season Paul Oyewale leads the team with 3.0 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- Namdi Obiazor’s 31 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- Bud Clark has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding eight tackles and two passes defended.
West Virginia Statistical Leaders
- Garrett Greene has 402 passing yards (100.5 per game) with a 55.3% completion percentage (26-for-47), throwing for four touchdowns. He also has 105 rushing yards on 21 carries and one touchdown.
- CJ Donaldson has 64 attempts for a team-high 287 rushing yards (71.8 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Jaylen Anderson has rushed for 125 yards on 36 carries (31.3 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- Hudson Clement has been targeted 11 times and has seven catches, leading his team with 196 yards (49.0 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Kole Taylor has hauled in 11 catches for 146 yards (36.5 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Devin Carter has caught eight passes on 14 targets for 111 yards.
- This season Tomiwa Durojaiye leads the team with 2.5 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and three tackles.
- Lee Kpogba has racked up 19 tackles and 1.0 TFL, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Beanie Bishop has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 11 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended in four games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!