NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: San Marcos, Texas
- Venue: Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium
|Texas State||-16.5 (-107)||O 62.5 (-106)||-769|
|UL Monroe||+16.5 (-113)||U 62.5 (-119)||+506|
The Texas State Bobcats (4-2) are heavy favorites — expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -16.5) — versus the UL Monroe Warhawks (2-3) in a battle of two conference rivals. The over/under for this one is set at 62.5 points.
The Bobcats were knocked off by the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns 34-30 in their last game. The Warhawks’ last outing finished in a 55-7 loss to the South Alabama Jaguars.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Texas State vs. UL Monroe Key Stats
- Texas State has scored 41.2 points per game this season, 7.2 more than UL Monroe has given up.
- When it goes over what UL Monroe gives up this season (34.0 points per game), Texas State is 4-0 and 1-1 against the spread.
- UL Monroe is 2-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 41.2 points.
- UL Monroe scores 11.6 fewer points per game (18.2) than Texas State allows (29.8).
Below are some more important figures from this season:
|Texas State||UL Monroe|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||481.3 (9)||325.2 (123)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||430.3 (118)||455.2 (92)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||205.2 (17)||192.0 (31)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||276.2 (33)||133.2 (129)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (94)||6 (38)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||11 (16)||11 (16)|
Texas State vs. UL Monroe Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Texas State averages 41.2 points per game against UL Monroe’s 18.2, amounting to 3.1 points under the matchup’s point total of 62.5.
- The 63.8 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 1.3 more than the 62.5 total in this contest.
- Texas State has a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- UL Monroe has a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Texas State has been favored by 16.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- UL Monroe has not covered the spread when an underdog by 16.5 points or more this year (in one opportunity).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Texas State Statistical Leaders
- TJ Finley has 1,620 yards through the air (270.0 per game) and a 73.3% completion percentage (129-for-176), pitching 12 touchdown passes and two interceptions.
- Ismail Mahdi has run for a team-high 676 yards (112.7 YPG) and eight touchdowns.
- Malik Hornsby has rushed for 165 yards (27.5 YPG), with four touchdowns on the ground.
- Joey Hobert has 38 catches (on 46 targets) and leads the team with 502 receiving yards (83.7 per game) while hauling in four touchdowns.
- Ashtyn Hawkins’ stat line this year reveals 30 catches for 380 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 63.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 44 times.
- Kole Wilson has caught 27 passes on 33 targets for 348 yards and four touchdowns.
- Ben Bell has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 7.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- Brian Holloway’s 47 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception make him the team’s tackle leader.
- This season Kaleb Ford-Dement leads the team with one interception and has added 14 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
UL Monroe Statistical Leaders
- Jiya Wright has 545 passing yards (109.0 per game) with a 51.6% completion percentage (47-for-91), throwing for five touchdowns with five interceptions. He also has 196 rushing yards on 46 carries and one touchdown.
- Hunter Smith has racked up a team-high 277 rushing yards (55.4 per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- Isaiah Woullard has run for 259 yards on 43 carries (51.8 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground.
- This year Tyrone Howell has 27 receptions and leads the team with 275 yards (55.0 per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- Dariyan Wiley has chipped in with 10 catches for 142 yards and one touchdown this year. He has been targeted 20 times, and averages 28.4 receiving yards.
- Devaughn Mortimer has 68 receiving yards on three receptions (nine targets).
- James Smith has 2.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 3.0 TFL and seven tackles.
- Michael Batton’s 35 tackles and 0.5 sacks mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- Jaterious Evans has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 23 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!