NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Waco, Texas
- Venue: McLane Stadium
|Texas Tech||-1.5 (-109)||O 59.5 (-112)||-123|
|Baylor||+1.5 (-111)||U 59.5 (-113)||+101|
The Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-3) are slight favorites (-1.5) against the Baylor Bears (2-3) in a matchup of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is 59.5.
The Red Raiders squared off against the Houston Cougars in their last game, winning 49-28. The Bears are coming off of a 36-35 win over the UCF Knights.
We’ve got all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Texas Tech vs. Baylor Key Stats
- Texas Tech has scored 33.2 points per game this season, 4.8 more than Baylor has given up.
- In games where Texas Tech scores more than 28.4 points, it is 2-2 overall and 0-2 against the spread.
- When the Bears defense allows less than 33.2 points, Baylor has put together a 1-1 overall record and a 1-0 record against the spread.
- Baylor scores 23.2 points per game, comparable to the 24.8 Texas Tech allows.
- Baylor is 1-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when the team notches more than 24.8 points.
- This season Texas Tech is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 23.2 points.
Here are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||404.8 (57)||413 (53)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||375.8 (80)||394.6 (90)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||177.4 (47)||142.4 (87)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||227.4 (75)||270.6 (40)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||6 (49)||7 (67)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (54)||7 (54)|
Texas Tech vs. Baylor Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 56.4 points per game, 3.1 points fewer than the over/under of 59.5 for this matchup.
- The 53.2 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 6.3 fewer than the 59.5 total in this contest.
- Texas Tech has compiled a 0-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- Baylor has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- Texas Tech has been favored by 1.5 points or more this season twice, and failed to cover both times.
- Baylor has covered the spread when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs in two of two chances this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Texas Tech Statistical Leaders
- Tyler Shough has 746 passing yards (149.2 YPG) and a 59.3% completion percentage (67-for-113) while pitching seven touchdowns and four interceptions. He also has 149 yards on the ground on 48 carries (plus two touchdowns), averaging 29.8 yards per game.
- Tahj Brooks has churned out a team-high 518 rushing yards (103.6 per game) plus three touchdowns.
- Jerand Bradley has been targeted 43 times and has 21 catches, leading his team with 246 yards (49.2 ypg) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Myles Price has also chipped in with 181 yards, on 17 catches plus four touchdowns. He averages 36.2 receiving yards per game.
- Xavier White has collected 178 yards on 15 receptions, averaging 35.6 yards per game.
- This season Jaylon Hutchings leads the team with two sacks and has added five TFL and 18 tackles.
- Jesiah Pierre’s 34 tackles make him the team’s top tackler.
- Malik Dunlap has intercepted three passes to lead the team while adding eight tackles and three passes defended.
Baylor Statistical Leaders
- Sawyer Robertson has 647 passing yards (129.4 per game) with a 49.5% completion percentage (48-for-97), throwing for one touchdown with four interceptions.
- Richard Reese has taken 45 attempts for a team-leading 225 rushing yards (45 per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- So far this season Dominic Richardson has rushed for 197 yards on 46 carries (39.4 yards per game).
- Monaray Baldwin has 12 catches (23 targets) and paces his team with 278 receiving yards (55.6 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Ketron Jackson Jr. has also contributed 14 catches for 228 yards this season. He has been targeted 31 times, and averages 45.6 receiving yards.
- Hal Presley has totaled 198 yards on 14 receptions, averaging 39.6 yards per game.
- Matt Jones is the team leader in both sacks and tackles, putting up two sacks, six TFL and 32 tackles.
- Carl Williams IV has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding three tackles, one TFL, and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!