NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: Fox Sports 1
- City: Provo, Utah
- Venue: LaVell Edwards Stadium
|Texas Tech||-4.5 (-108)||O 52.5 (-107)||-200|
|BYU||+4.5 (-112)||U 52.5 (-117)||+161|
The Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-4) and BYU Cougars (4-2) will play each other in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Red Raiders are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -4.5). The total for this one is set at 52.5 points.
The Red Raiders enter this matchup following a 38-21 loss to the Kansas State Wildcats in their last game. The Cougars are coming off of a loss to the TCU Horned Frogs by the score of 44-11.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Texas Tech vs. BYU Key Stats
- Texas Tech, on average, is scoring 6.3 more points per game this season (32.3) than BYU is allowing (26).
- In games where Texas Tech scores over 26 points, it is 3-2 overall and 1-2 against the spread.
- When the Cougs defense allows less than 32.3 points, BYU has accumulated a 4-0 overall record and a 2-0 record against the spread.
- BYU racks up 27.7 points per game, comparable to the 25.1 Texas Tech surrenders.
- BYU is 2-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall when the team puts up more than 25.1 points.
- This season Texas Tech is 1-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 27.7 points.
Here are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||410 (35)||306 (127)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||379.3 (95)||398 (77)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||179.3 (44)||67.5 (132)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||230.7 (73)||238.5 (63)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||11 (93)||7 (35)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (79)||11 (31)|
Texas Tech vs. BYU Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The point total for the contest of 52.5 is 7.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Texas Tech (32.3 points per game) and BYU (27.7 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 51.1 points per game, 1.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Texas Tech has covered just once in six games with a spread this season.
- BYU has covered twice in four chances against the spread this season.
- Texas Tech has not covered the spread this season (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- BYU has covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Texas Tech Statistical Leaders
- Tyler Shough has 746 yards through the air (106.6 per game) and a 59.3% completion percentage (67-for-113), pitching seven touchdown passes and four interceptions. He also has 149 rushing yards on 48 carries (with two touchdowns).
- Tahj Brooks has 131 attempts for a team-high 786 rushing yards (112.3 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Cam’Ron Valdez has 169 rushing yards on 23 attempts, and one touchdown.
- Myles Price has 31 receptions for a team-high 304 yards (43.4 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Jerand Bradley’s stat line this year reveals 27 catches for 298 yards and four touchdowns. He puts up 42.6 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 56 times.
- Xavier White has 219 receiving yards on 19 receptions (27 targets), averaging 31.3 yards per game.
- Steve Linton has registered a team-leading three sacks, while adding two TFL and 16 tackles.
- This season Ben Roberts has totaled 47 tackles, two TFL, one sack, and one interception, leading his team in tackles.
- Malik Dunlap has intercepted three passes to lead the team while adding 15 tackles and three passes defended.
BYU Statistical Leaders
- This campaign, Kedon Slovis has collected 1,392 passing yards (232 per game) while completing 113 of 199 passes (56.8%), with 10 touchdowns and four interceptions.
- LJ Martin has churned out a team-high 345 rushing yards (57.5 per game) and scored four touchdowns.
- Miles Davis has 64 yards on 14 carries (10.7 yards per game).
- Chase Roberts has been targeted 44 times and has 27 catches, leading his team with 421 yards (70.2 per game) while also scoring three touchdowns.
- Isaac Rex has also tacked on 275 yards on 19 catches and one touchdown. He has been targeted 39 times and averages 45.8 receiving yards.
- Darius Lassiter is averaging 37.5 yards per game, with 19 catches for 225 yards and three touchdowns.
- Tyler Batty has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added three TFL and 18 tackles.
- Max Tooley has racked up 41 tackles, one TFL, one sack, and one interception this season, leading his team in tackles.
- Jakob Robinson has intercepted three passes to lead the team while adding 21 tackles and three passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!