NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: Fox Sports 1
- City: Lubbock, Texas
- Venue: Jones AT&T Stadium
|Texas Tech||-1.5 (-107)||O 56.5 (-113)||-120|
|Kansas State||+1.5 (-113)||U 56.5 (-112)||-101|
The Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-3) are slight favorites (-1.5) against the Kansas State Wildcats (3-2) in a matchup of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 56.5.
The Red Raiders squared off against the Baylor Bears in their most recent outing, winning 39-14. The Wildcats’ last game was a 29-21 loss to the Oklahoma State Cowboys.
We’ve got all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Texas Tech vs. Kansas State Key Stats
- Texas Tech has averaged 13.6 more points scored this season (34.2) than Kansas State has allowed (20.6).
- Texas Tech is 3-2 overall and 1-2 against the spread when it scores over 20.6 points.
- When the Cats defense allows fewer than 34.2 points, Kansas State has put together a 3-2 overall record and a 2-1 record against the spread.
- Kansas State puts up 12.8 more points per game (35.8) than Texas Tech surrenders (23.0).
- When Kansas State scores more than 23.0 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- This season Texas Tech is 1-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall when it holds opponents to less than 35.8 points.
Here are a few more important stats from this season:
|Texas Tech||Kansas State|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||398.3 (45)||460.2 (60)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||370.0 (84)||352.4 (33)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||178.8 (43)||202.8 (19)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||219.5 (82)||257.4 (47)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (65)||7 (49)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (58)||4 (120)|
Texas Tech vs. Kansas State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The point total for the matchup of 56.5 is 13.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Texas Tech (34.2 points per game) and Kansas State (35.8 points per game).
- The 43.6 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 12.9 fewer than the 56.5 over/under in this contest.
- Texas Tech has covered just once in five games with a spread this season.
- Kansas State has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- Texas Tech has covered the spread once when favored by 1.5 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Texas Tech Statistical Leaders
- This season Tyler Shough has recorded 746 passing yards (124.3 yards per game) while completing 59.3% of his passes, with seven touchdowns and four interceptions. He also has 149 rushing yards on 48 carries (plus two scores), averaging 24.8 YPG.
- Tahj Brooks has run for a team-best 688 yards (114.7 per game) and scored four touchdowns.
- Myles Price has hauled in 27 passes for a team-high 271 yards and four touchdowns. He averages 45.2 receiving yards per game.
- Jerand Bradley has added 22 receptions (on 46 targets) for 252 yards, scoring three touchdowns.
- Xavier White has 187 receiving yards on 16 receptions (23 targets), averaging 31.2 yards per game.
- Steve Linton has registered a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Jesiah Pierre has racked up 40 tackles and 0.5 sacks to lead the team in tackles so far.
- This season Malik Dunlap leads the team with three interceptions and has added nine tackles and three passes defended.
Kansas State Statistical Leaders
- Will Howard has 1,224 passing yards (244.8 per game) and a 61.3% completion percentage, throwing nine touchdown passes and seven interceptions. He also has 227 rushing yards on 38 carries (with six touchdowns), averaging 45.4 yards per game.
- DJ Giddens has run for a team-leading 488 yards on 82 attempts (97.6 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns. He also averages 27.0 receiving yards per game, grabbing 16 passes for 135 yards.
- Treshaun Ward has 227 yards on 46 carries (45.4 yards per game), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Ben Sinnott has been targeted 35 times and has 20 catches, leading his team with 286 yards (57.2 per game) while also scoring three touchdowns.
- Phillip Brooks has tacked on 27 receptions (on 38 targets) for 276 yards and two touchdowns.
- Jadon Jackson has 181 receiving yards on 14 receptions (19 targets), with two touchdowns.
- Khalid Duke has 4.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 5.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Austin Moore has racked up 30 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and one sack this season, leading his team in tackles.
- In terms of picks, Jacob Parrish leads the team with one interception this season and has added 10 tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!