NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Muncie, Indiana
- Venue: Scheumann Stadium
|Toledo||-15.5 (-108)||O 51.5 (-116)||-769|
|Ball State||+15.5 (-112)||U 51.5 (-109)||+506|
The Toledo Rockets (5-1) are big favorites — expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -15.5) — against the Ball State Cardinals (1-5) in a battle of two conference rivals. An over/under of 51.5 points has been established for the matchup.
The Rockets took on the UMass Minutemen in their last game, winning 41-24. The Cardinals’ most recent game ended in a 24-10 loss to the Eastern Michigan Eagles.
We’ve collected all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Toledo vs. Ball State Key Stats
- Toledo has averaged 7.1 more points this season (40.8) than Ball State has allowed (33.7).
- In games where Toledo scores more than 33.7 points, it is 4-0 overall and 0-2 against the spread.
- When the Cardinals defense allows less than 40.8 points, Ball State has accumulated a 1-2 overall record and a 0-2 record against the spread.
- Ball State puts up 6.5 fewer points per game (16.5) than Toledo surrenders (23.0).
- When Ball State puts up more than 23.0 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
Below are some more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||473.2 (11)||301.8 (113)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||359.3 (78)||374.7 (89)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||249.7 (3)||111.7 (113)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||223.5 (78)||190.2 (110)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (94)||11 (116)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||10 (26)||5 (109)|
Toledo vs. Ball State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The over/under for the matchup of 51.5 is 5.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Toledo (40.8 points per game) and Ball State (16.5 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 5.2 fewer points than the 56.7 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2023.
- Toledo has not won against the spread this season in five games with a spread.
- Ball State has won one game against the spread this season.
- Toledo has been favored by 15.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Ball State has covered the spread when playing as at least 15.5-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Toledo Statistical Leaders
- DeQuan Finn has 1,093 passing yards (182.2 per game) and a 66.2% completion percentage (88-for-133) while firing 12 touchdowns and five interceptions. He also has 413 yards on the ground on 62 carries (plus four touchdowns), averaging 68.8 YPG.
- Peny Boone has rushed for a team-leading 644 yards (107.3 per game) and tallied seven touchdowns.
- Junior Vandeross III has 21 catches (on 32 targets) and leads the team with 328 receiving yards (54.7 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Jerjuan Newton has chipped in with 22 receptions (on 31 targets) for 303 yards, scoring nine touchdowns.
- Larry Stephens has 137 receiving yards on 12 receptions (19 targets), with two touchdowns, averaging 22.8 yards per game.
- This season Judge Culpepper leads the team with 5.0 sacks and has added 4.0 TFL and 15 tackles.
- Nate Bauer’s 32 tackles and one interception make him the team’s top tackler.
- Emmanuel McNeil-Warren has picked off two passes to lead the team while adding 21 tackles and four passes defended.
Ball State Statistical Leaders
- Layne Hatcher has 566 passing yards (94.3 per game) and a 65.3% completion percentage, throwing four touchdown passes and zero interceptions.
- Marquez Cooper has taken 79 carries for a team-leading 362 rushing yards (60.3 per game) while scoring one touchdown. He’s also caught 13 passes for 129 yards (21.5 receiving yards per game).
- So far this year Kiael Kelly has run for 181 yards on 32 carries (30.2 yards per game).
- This season Qian Magwood has 27 catches and leads the team with 260 yards (43.3 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Tanner Koziol’s stat line this year reveals 26 catches for 217 yards and two touchdowns. He puts up 36.2 receiving yards per game.
- Ahmad Edwards is averaging 29.0 yards per game, with 13 catches for 174 yards and one touchdown.
- Sidney Houston Jr. has collected a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Cole Pearce’s 30 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and three sacks mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
- Tyler Potts has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding nine tackles and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!