NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Toledo, Ohio
- Venue: The Glass Bowl
|Toledo||-12.5 (-114)||O 50.5 (-109)||-555|
|Northern Illinois||+12.5 (-106)||U 50.5 (-116)||+394|
The Toledo Rockets (3-1) are massive, 12.5-point favorites at home versus the Northern Illinois Huskies (1-3) on Saturday, September 30, 2023. Both teams feature solid defenses, with the Rockets 20th in the country against the pass and the Huskies fourth. An over/under of 50.5 points has been established for the matchup.
The Rockets head into this matchup after a 49-31 win over the Western Michigan Broncos in their most recent game. Their last time out, the Huskies fell to the Tulsa Golden Hurricane 22-14.
We’ve collected all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Toledo vs. Northern Illinois Key Stats
- Toledo has put an average of 42.3 points per game on the board this season, 18.5 more than the 23.8 Northern Illinois has surrendered.
- Toledo is 2-1 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it scores over 23.8 points.
- When the Huskies defense allows fewer than 42.3 points, Northern Illinois has accumulated a 1-3 overall record and a 0-2 record against the spread.
- Northern Illinois puts up 15.8 points per game, 4.5 fewer than Toledo allows (20.3).
Here are some more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||445.8 (39)||285.5 (124)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||318.3 (39)||299.0 (28)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||215.5 (14)||105.5 (118)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||230.3 (79)||180.0 (110)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (105)||8 (105)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (18)||5 (74)|
Toledo vs. Northern Illinois Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Toledo averages 42.3 points per game against Northern Illinois’ 15.8, amounting to 7.6 points over the contest’s point total of 50.5.
- The 44.1 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 6.4 fewer than the 50.5 total in this contest.
- Toledo is winless against the spread this season (0-2-0).
- Northern Illinois is winless against the spread this year (0-2-0).
- Toledo has not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 12.5-point favorites.
- Northern Illinois has been an underdog by 12.5 points or more this year once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Toledo Statistical Leaders
- DeQuan Finn has 673 passing yards (168.3 YPG) and a 63.3% completion percentage (57-for-90) while pitching eight touchdowns and four interceptions. He also has 180 yards on the ground on 42 carries (plus two touchdowns), averaging 45.0 yards per game.
- Peny Boone has taken 52 carries for a team-high 402 rushing yards (100.5 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Jerjuan Newton has 16 receptions for a team-high 209 yards (52.3 per game) and six touchdowns.
- Junior Vandeross III’s stat line this year reveals 12 catches for 147 yards. He averages 36.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 22 times.
- Larry Stephens has collected 103 yards on eight receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 25.8 yards per game.
- This season Judge Culpepper leads the team with 4.5 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and nine tackles.
- Nate Bauer’s 19 tackles and one interception mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- Maxen Hook has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding four tackles and one pass defended.
Northern Illinois Statistical Leaders
- This season Rocky Lombardi has collected 566 passing yards (141.5 per game) while going 51-for-101 (50.5%) and throwing for one touchdown with four interceptions.
- Antario Brown has run for a team-leading 182 yards on 64 carries (45.5 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- So far this season Gavin Williams has run for 101 yards on 25 carries (25.3 yards per game).
- Kacper Rutkiewicz has been targeted 27 times and has 14 catches, leading his team with 204 yards (51.0 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Christian Carter has been targeted 13 times, and chipped in with 118 yards (on eight catches) and one touchdown.
- Grayson Barnes has 83 receiving yards on seven receptions (12 targets).
- George Gumbs has registered a team-leading 2.5 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Raishein Thomas has totaled 16 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks this season, leading his team in tackles.
- In terms of picks, JaVaughn Byrd leads the team with one interception this season and has added one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!