NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Amherst, Massachusetts
- Venue: Warren McGuirk Alumni Stadium
|Toledo||-19.5 (-108)||O 59.5 (-106)||-1250|
|UMass||+19.5 (-112)||U 59.5 (-119)||+706|
The Toledo Rockets (4-1) are considered favorites (-19.5) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game against the UMass Minutemen (1-5) on October 7, 2023, starting at 12:00 PM ET, airing on ESPNU. The expected point total for the matchup is 59.5.
The Rockets head into this matchup following a 35-33 win over the Northern Illinois Huskies in their most recent game. The Minutemen’s last game was a 52-28 loss to the Arkansas State Red Wolves.
We’ve collected all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Toledo vs. UMass Key Stats
- UMass’ defense has allowed 39.2 points per game this season, about the same as the 40.8 Toledo has scored.
- Toledo is 2-0 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it scores more than 39.2 points.
- When UMass limits opposing offenses to less than 40.8 points, it is 1-2 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- UMass racks up 3.7 more points per game (26.5) than Toledo surrenders (22.8).
- UMass is 0-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall in games when it records more than 22.8 points.
- Toledo has a 0-1 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall when it gives up fewer than 26.5 points.
Here are a few more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||465.0 (19)||389.3 (17)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||343.4 (59)||441.8 (131)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||224.6 (7)||138.7 (89)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||240.4 (62)||250.7 (54)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||9 (102)||9 (102)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||9 (22)||7 (53)|
Toledo vs. UMass Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 67.3 points per game, 7.8 points more than the over/under of 59.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s total is 2.5 fewer points than the 62 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2023.
- Toledo has put together a 0-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- UMass has a record of 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Toledo has not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 19.5-point favorites.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Toledo Statistical Leaders
- DeQuan Finn has thrown for 954 yards (73-for-110), with 10 touchdowns and four interceptions (190.8 YPG). He’s also carried the ball 49 times for 241 yards and three scores, averaging 48.2 YPG.
- Peny Boone has rushed for a team-leading 515 yards (103.0 per game) and scored five touchdowns.
- Junior Vandeross III has 16 catches (27 targets) and paces his team with 294 receiving yards (58.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Jerjuan Newton’s stat line this year reveals 18 catches for 260 yards and seven touchdowns. He puts up 52.0 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 25 times.
- Larry Stephens has 110 receiving yards on 10 receptions (16 targets), with two touchdowns, averaging 22.0 yards per game.
- This season Judge Culpepper leads the team with 5.0 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Nate Bauer leads the team in both tackles and interceptions, totaling 26 tackles and one interception over the current campaign.
UMass Statistical Leaders
- Carlos Davis has passed for 886 yards (62-of-101), with six touchdowns and three interceptions (147.7 yards per game).
- Kay’Ron Adams has racked up a team-best 504 rushing yards (84.0 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Taisun Phommachanh has run for 95 yards on 31 carries (15.8 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- Anthony Simpson has 26 catches (43 targets) and paces his team with 426 receiving yards (71.0 per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Mark Pope has hauled in 16 catches for 252 yards (42.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- George Johnson is averaging 33.7 yards per game, with 17 catches for 202 yards and one touchdown.
- Billy Wooden has put together an impressive stat line to lead the team in sacks and total tackles, putting up 4.0 sacks, 4.0 TFL and 22 tackles.
- In terms of picks, Michael Oppong leads the team with one interception this season and has added eight tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!