NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: San Marcos, Texas
- Venue: Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium
|Troy||-5.5 (-117)||O 52.5 (-112)||-222|
|Texas State||+5.5 (-104)||U 52.5 (-113)||+178|
The Troy Trojans (5-2) carry the No. 17 scoring defense in college football into a contest versus the Texas State Bobcats (5-2), featuring the No. 11 offense, on Saturday, October 28, 2023. The Trojans are 5.5-point favorites. The predicted point total for the game is 52.5.
The Trojans knocked off the Army Black Knights 19-0 in their most recent outing. Their last time out, the Bobcats won 21-20 over the UL Monroe Warhawks.
We’ve got all the details you need for the upcoming game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Troy vs. Texas State Key Stats
- Texas State’s defense has allowed 28.4 points per game this season, about the same as the 26.6 Troy has scored.
- In games where Troy scores over 28.4 points, it is 2-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- When the Bobcats defense allows fewer than 26.6 points, Texas State has put together a 2-1 overall record and a 0-2 record against the spread.
- This year Texas State averages 20.9 more points per game (38.3) than Troy surrenders (17.4).
- Texas State is 1-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall in games when it records more than 17.4 points.
- This year Troy is 2-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it holds opponents to less than 38.3 points.
Below are a few more important stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||444.7 (34)||477.1 (20)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||281.6 (8)||409.6 (91)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||185.6 (31)||208.7 (15)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||259.1 (44)||268.4 (37)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||13 (104)||11 (81)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||11 (50)||11 (50)|
Troy vs. Texas State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The over/under for the contest of 52.5 is 12.4 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Troy (26.6 points per game) and Texas State (38.3 points per game).
- The 45.8 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 6.7 fewer than the 52.5 over/under in this contest.
- Troy has won two games against the spread this season.
- Texas State has won one game against the spread this year.
- Troy has been favored by 5.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Texas State has covered the spread when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Troy Statistical Leaders
- This season Gunnar Watson has 1,765 passing yards (252.1 yards per game) while going 123-for-207 (59.4%) and connecting on 11 touchdowns with four interceptions.
- Kimani Vidal has 154 attempts for a team-leading 951 rushing yards (135.9 per game) and six touchdowns. He also has 10 catches for 140 receiving yards (20.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this season Damien Taylor has rushed for 242 yards (34.6 per game), with one touchdown.
- Jabre Barber has grabbed 29 passes for a team best 455 yards and two touchdowns. He averages 65.0 receiving yards per game.
- Chris Lewis has also tacked on 15 catches for 363 yards and four touchdowns. He has been targeted 33 times and puts up 51.9 receiving yards per game.
- Deshon Stoudemire is averaging 44.0 yards per game, racking up 23 receptions (30 targets) for 308 yards.
- This season Javon Solomon leads the team with 5.5 sacks and has added 4.0 TFL and 22 tackles.
- Jayden McDonald’s 42 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and one sack make him the team’s top tackler.
- Reddy Steward has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 20 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
Texas State Statistical Leaders
- TJ Finley has 1,842 passing yards (263.1 per game) and a 68.9% completion percentage, throwing 14 touchdown passes and three interceptions.
- Ismail Mahdi has rushed for a team-high 726 yards on 98 attempts (103.7 yards per game) and eight touchdowns.
- So far this year Donerio Davenport has rushed for 223 yards on 51 carries (31.9 yards per game), with one touchdown.
- Joey Hobert has been targeted 64 times and has 48 catches, leading his team with 612 yards (87.4 per game) while hauling in six touchdowns.
- Ashtyn Hawkins has been targeted 52 times, and tacked on 395 yards (on 31 catches) and one touchdown.
- Kole Wilson is averaging 53.3 yards per game, with 30 catches for 373 yards and four touchdowns.
- Ben Bell has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 7.0 TFL and 30 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Brian Holloway has totaled 54 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Tory Spears has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding 19 tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!