NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- City: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Rice Stadium
|Tulane||-11.5 (-107)||O 54.5 (-114)||-476|
|Rice||+11.5 (-113)||U 54.5 (-111)||+347|
The No. 22 Tulane Green Wave (6-1) and Rice Owls (4-3) will play each other in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Green Wave are big favorites (-11.5). An over/under of 54.5 points has been set for the matchup.
In their last game, the Green Wave won 35-28 over the North Texas Mean Green. The Owls are coming off of a victory over the Tulsa Golden Hurricane by the score of 42-10.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Tulane vs. Rice Key Stats
- Tulane, on average, is scoring 3.3 more points per game this season (30.7) than Rice is allowing (27.4).
- In games where Tulane scores more than 27.4 points, it is 5-0 overall and 1-2 against the spread.
- When Rice limits opposing offenses to less than 30.7 points, it is 3-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- This season Rice racks up 14.6 more points per game (34.0) than Tulane allows (19.4).
- When Rice puts up more than 19.4 points, it is 2-1 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- When Tulane surrenders fewer than 34.0 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
Below are a few more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||398.6 (77)||412.3 (63)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||341.6 (36)||383.0 (72)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||169.1 (50)||92.4 (124)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||229.4 (69)||319.9 (11)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||12 (91)||10 (65)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||14 (12)||8 (93)|
Tulane vs. Rice Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The over/under for the matchup of 54.5 is 10.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Tulane (30.7 points per game) and Rice (34.0 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 46.8 points per game, 7.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Tulane has won just one game against the spread this season.
- Rice has put together a 3-1-0 ATS record so far this year.
- Tulane has not covered the spread this season (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 11.5-point favorites.
- Rice has been an underdog by 11.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Tulane Statistical Leaders
- Michael Pratt has 1,121 passing yards (160.1 YPG) and a 70.8% completion percentage (80-for-113) while pitching 12 touchdowns and two interceptions. He also has 191 rushing yards on 47 carries (plus three touchdowns), averaging 27.3 YPG.
- Makhi Hughes has 118 carries for a team-best 619 rushing yards (88.4 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Lawrence Keys III has grabbed 27 passes for a team-high 494 yards and six touchdowns. He averages 70.6 receiving yards per game.
- Chris Brazzell II has also contributed with 332 yards, on 18 catches plus two touchdowns. He puts up 47.4 receiving yards per game.
- Jha’Quan Jackson is averaging 47.0 yards per game, racking up 19 receptions (31 targets) for 329 yards and four touchdowns.
- Darius Hodges has 5.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 6.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- This season Jesus Machado has racked up 42 tackles and one interception, leading his team in tackles.
- Lance Robinson has a team-high four interceptions and has tacked on 17 tackles and four passes defended in seven games this season.
Rice Statistical Leaders
- JT Daniels has 2,173 passing yards (310.4 per game) with a 63.8% completion percentage (155-for-243), throwing for 17 touchdowns with five interceptions.
- Dean Connors has churned out a team-high 300 rushing yards (42.9 per game) and scored four touchdowns. He has tacked on 26 catches for 326 yards, with two receiving touchdowns.
- Juma Otoviano has 171 yards on 47 carries (24.4 yards per game), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Luke McCaffrey has been targeted 65 times and has 36 catches, leading his team with 613 yards (87.6 per game) while hauling in seven touchdowns.
- Rawson MacNeill has caught 21 passes on 36 targets for 281 yards and two touchdowns.
- Coleman Coco has 2.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 4.0 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Chris Conti leads the team in both tackles and interceptions, totaling 43 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception over the course of the current campaign.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!