NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Channel: Pac-12 Network
- City: Berkeley, California
- Venue: California Memorial Stadium
|USC||-7.5 (-136)||O 64.5 (-149)||-370|
|Cal||+7.5 (+112)||U 64.5 (+117)||+281|
The No. 24 USC Trojans (6-2) are solid favorites — expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -7.5) — versus the California Golden Bears (3-4) in a battle of two conference rivals. An over/under of 64.5 points has been established for the matchup.
The Trojans head into this matchup after a 34-32 loss to the Utah Utes in their most recent game. The Golden Bears are coming off of a 34-14 loss to the Utah Utes.
We’ve collected all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
USC vs. Cal Key Stats
- USC has put an average of 45.4 points per game on the board this season, 14.3 more than the 31.1 Cal has surrendered.
- When it exceeds what Cal gives up this season (31.1 points per game), USC is 6-1 and 2-4 against the spread.
- When the Bears defense allows fewer than 45.4 points, Cal has put together a 3-2 overall record and a 1-2 record against the spread.
- Cal scores just 0.6 fewer points per game (29.9) than USC surrenders (30.5).
- When Cal puts up more than 30.5 points, it is 0-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall.
- When USC allows opponents to score less than 29.9 points, it is 2-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
Below are a few more important stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||480.4 (3)||406.0 (67)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||407.6 (120)||392.1 (77)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||157.1 (65)||195.4 (20)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||323.3 (9)||210.6 (91)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (65)||12 (91)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||9 (78)||14 (12)|
USC vs. Cal Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 75.3 points per game, 10.8 points more than the over/under of 64.5 for this contest.
- The 61.6 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 2.9 fewer than the 64.5 total in this contest.
- USC has a record of 2-5-0 against the spread this season.
- Cal has covered just once in five matchups with a spread this season.
- USC has covered the spread twice when favored by 7.5 points or more this season (in five opportunities).
- Cal has not covered the spread this season (0-3 ATS) when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
USC Statistical Leaders
- Caleb Williams has thrown for 2,277 yards while completing 69.7% of his passes (166-for-238), with 23 touchdowns and four interceptions (284.6 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 61 times for 143 yards and seven touchdowns.
- MarShawn Lloyd has churned out a team-leading 651 rushing yards (81.4 per game) plus six touchdowns.
- So far this year Austin Jones has rushed for 221 yards (27.6 per game), with four touchdowns.
- Tahj Washington has racked up 30 receptions for 609 yards, best on his team, and five touchdowns. He has been targeted 40 times, and averages 76.1 receiving yards per game.
- Brenden Rice has been targeted 40 times and contributed with 486 yards (on 28 catches) plus eight touchdowns.
- Mario Williams is averaging 32.4 yards per game, with 24 catches for 259 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Jamil Muhammad leads the team with 6.0 sacks and has added 7.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- This season Jaylin Smith has totaled 39 tackles and 4.0 TFL, leading his team in tackles.
- This season Calen Bullock leads the team with two interceptions and has added 31 tackles and two passes defended.
Cal Statistical Leaders
- Ben Finley has thrown for 565 yards while completing 58.1% of his passes, with three touchdowns and four interceptions (80.7 yards per game).
- Jaydn Ott has taken 104 attempts for a team-leading 602 rushing yards (86.0 per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- Isaiah Ifanse has 357 yards on 65 carries (51.0 yards per game), with seven rushing touchdowns.
- Jeremiah Hunter has been targeted 56 times and has 31 catches, leading his team with 339 yards (48.4 per game) while hauling in four touchdowns.
- Taj Davis has hauled in 26 catches for 297 yards (42.4 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Trond Grizzell has totaled 221 yards on 16 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 31.6 yards per game.
- This season David Reese leads the team with 1.0 sack and has added 1.0 TFL and eight tackles.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Kaleb Elarms-Orr has collected 45 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- Nohl Williams has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 16 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended in seven games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!