NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Channel: Pac-12 Network
- City: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Venue: Rice-Eccles Stadium
|Utah||-13.5 (-108)||O 44.5 (-121)||-625|
|Cal||+13.5 (-112)||U 44.5 (-104)||+432|
The No. 16 Utah Utes (4-1) carry college football’s fourth-ranked rushing defense into a contest versus the California Golden Bears (3-3), with the No. 11 rushing attack, on Saturday, October 14, 2023. The Utes are heavy, 13.5-point favorites. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 44.5.
The Utes enter this matchup following a 21-7 loss to the Oregon State Beavers in their most recent game. The Golden Bears are coming off of a 52-40 loss to the Oregon State Beavers.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Utah vs. Cal Key Stats
- Utah has averaged 11.5 fewer points per game this season (19.2) than Cal has allowed (30.7).
- When the Bears defense allows less than 19.2 points, Cal has accumulated a 1-1 overall record and a 1-0 record against the spread.
- Cal averages 32.5 points per game, 20.7 more than Utah surrenders (11.8).
- Cal is 0-3 against the spread and 3-2 overall in games when it records more than 11.8 points.
- This season Utah is 1-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it holds opponents to less than 32.5 points.
Below are a few more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||297.6 (131)||431.3 (29)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||282.6 (9)||383.3 (96)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||143.8 (83)||217.0 (11)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||153.8 (124)||214.3 (86)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||3 (4)||10 (94)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||8 (58)||14 (4)|
Utah vs. Cal Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 51.7 points per game, 7.2 points more than the over/under of 44.5 for this contest.
- This matchup’s over/under is 2.0 fewer points than the 42.5 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2023.
- Utah has won one game against the spread this season.
- Cal has a record of 1-3-0 against the spread this year.
- Cal has not covered the spread when an underdog by 13.5 points or more this year (in one opportunity).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Utah Statistical Leaders
- This year Nate Johnson has 499 passing yards (99.8 yards per game) while going 39-for-72 (54.2%) and connecting on three touchdowns with zero interceptions. He has tacked on 153 rushing yards and three touchdowns, averaging 30.6 yards per game.
- Ja’Quinden Jackson has picked up a team-leading 239 rushing yards (47.8 per game) and zero scores.
- Jaylon Glover has 237 rushing yards on 64 attempts, and two touchdowns.
- Money Parks has hauled in 11 catches for 160 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 23 times, and averages 32.0 receiving yards per game.
- Mikey Matthews has been targeted 26 times and tacked on 149 yards (on 14 catches).
- Devaughn Vele has 143 receiving yards on 10 receptions (19 targets), averaging 28.6 yards per game.
- Jonah Elliss has 7.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 9.0 TFL and 23 tackles.
- Sione Vaki’s 28 tackles, 6.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- This season Cole Bishop leads the team with two interceptions and has added 25 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and two passes defended.
Cal Statistical Leaders
- This season, Sam Jackson has put up 553 passing yards (92.2 per game) while connecting on 51 of 97 passes (52.6%), with five touchdowns and two interceptions.
- Jaydn Ott has picked up a team-high 556 rushing yards (92.7 per game) and scored five touchdowns.
- Isaiah Ifanse has rushed for 348 yards on 61 carries (58.0 yards per game), with seven touchdowns on the ground.
- Jeremiah Hunter has been targeted 52 times and has 31 catches, leading his team with 339 yards (56.5 per game) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Trond Grizzell has added 14 receptions (on 25 targets) for 215 yards and two touchdowns.
- Taj Davis has totaled 204 yards on 19 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 34.0 yards per game.
- This season Derek Wilkins leads the team with 1.0 sack and has added 1.0 TFL and three tackles.
- Kaleb Elarms-Orr has collected 39 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far.
- In terms of picks, Nohl Williams leads the team with two interceptions this season and has added 10 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!