NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Friday, September 29, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports Network
- City: El Paso, Texas
- Venue: Sun Bowl Stadium
|UTEP||-1.5 (-105)||O 52.5 (-114)||-119|
|Louisiana Tech||+1.5 (-116)||U 52.5 (-111)||-103|
The UTEP Miners (1-4) are slim favorites (-1.5) against the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (2-3) in a matchup of two conference rivals. An over/under of 52.5 points has been set for the matchup.
The Miners squared off against the UNLV Rebels in their most recent outing, losing 45-28. Last time out, the Bulldogs lost 28-14 to the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
UTEP vs. Louisiana Tech Key Stats
- UTEP has averaged 11.4 fewer points per game (17.4) than Louisiana Tech has allowed (28.8).
- Louisiana Tech puts up just 1.4 fewer points per game (27.6) than UTEP surrenders (29.0).
- Louisiana Tech is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when the team notches more than 29.0 points.
- When UTEP gives up fewer than 27.6 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
Here are a few more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||350.8 (43)||392.8 (16)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||403.0 (126)||388.8 (124)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||145.8 (78)||154.0 (69)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||205.0 (100)||238.8 (68)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (121)||7 (88)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||3 (110)||5 (74)|
UTEP vs. Louisiana Tech Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 45 points per game, 7.5 points fewer than the point total of 52.5 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s point total is 5.3 fewer points than the 57.8 these two teams combine to give up per game.
- UTEP is winless against the spread this season (0-3-0).
- Louisiana Tech has covered once in two chances against the spread this year.
- Louisiana Tech has been an underdog by 1.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
UTEP Statistical Leaders
- Gavin Hardison has registered 947 passing yards (189.4 per game) while completing 73 of 129 throws (56.6%), with five touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- Torrance Burgess Jr. has churned out a team-leading 298 rushing yards (59.6 per game) and two scores. He has tacked on eight receptions for 117 yards .
- Deion Hankins has 297 rushing yards on 58 carries, and one touchdown.
- Kelly Akharaiyi has 14 catches (on 29 targets) and leads the team with 253 receiving yards (50.6 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Jeremiah Ballard has also contributed with 207 yards, on 12 catches plus one touchdown. He averages 41.4 receiving yards per game.
- Tyrin Smith is averaging 38.2 yards per game, with 19 catches for 191 yards and one touchdown.
- Tyrice Knight is the team leader in both sacks and tackles, putting up 2.5 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 51 tackles.
- Trez Moore has a team-high one interception and has tacked on six tackles and one pass defended in five games this season.
Louisiana Tech Statistical Leaders
- Hank Bachmeier has passed for 756 yards (70-of-106), with five touchdowns and two interceptions (151.2 yards per game).
- Keith Willis Jr. has taken 33 carries for a team-leading 240 rushing yards (48.0 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Tyre Shelton has run for 214 yards on 21 carries (42.8 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground.
- This year Smoke Harris has 34 catches for a team-high 361 yards (72.2 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Cyrus Allen has also contributed with 246 yards on 17 catches and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 29 times and averages 49.2 receiving yards.
- Kyle Maxwell has 113 receiving yards on five receptions (seven targets).
- This season Deshon Hall leads the team with 2.0 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Myles Heard has collected 48 tackles and 2.0 TFL and leads the team in tackles.
- Cecil Singleton has intercepted one pass to lead the team while adding 33 tackles and one pass defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!