NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: San Antonio, Texas
- Venue: Alamodome
|UTSA||-8.5 (-111)||O 64.5 (-111)||-322|
|UAB||+8.5 (-109)||U 64.5 (-114)||+249|
In a battle of two conference rivals, the UTSA Roadrunners (2-3) will meet the UAB Blazers (2-4). The Roadrunners are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -8.5). The total for this one is set at 64.5 points.
In their last game, the Roadrunners took down the Temple Owls 49-34. The Blazers’ last game was a 56-35 win over the South Florida Bulls.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
UTSA vs. UAB Key Stats
- UTSA has averaged 10.6 fewer points per game this season (25.2) than UAB has allowed (35.8).
- UAB scores 31.8 points per game, comparable to the 29.2 UTSA surrenders.
- When UAB puts up more than 29.2 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- When UTSA allows opponents to score less than 31.8 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
Here are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||392.6 (101)||449.8 (18)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||414.4 (67)||439.8 (124)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||146.4 (77)||145.7 (79)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||246.2 (62)||304.2 (16)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (65)||9 (82)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||3 (124)||12 (9)|
UTSA vs. UAB Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 57 points per game, 7.5 points fewer than the total of 64.5 for this contest.
- This game’s point total is 0.5 fewer points than the 65 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2023.
- UTSA has won just one game against the spread this season.
- UAB has compiled a 3-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- UTSA has been favored by 8.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- UAB has covered the spread when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs in two of two opportunities this year.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s snag a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
UTSA Statistical Leaders
- Frank Harris has thrown for 761 yards while connecting on 65.1% of his passes (69-for-106), with five touchdowns and three interceptions (152.2 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 26 times for 68 yards and one touchdown.
- Kevorian Barnes has churned out a team-high 337 rushing yards (67.4 per game) plus two touchdowns.
- Robert Henry has 207 rushing yards on 34 attempts, and three touchdowns.
- Joshua Cephus has 37 receptions for a team-high 384 yards (76.8 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Tykee Ogle-Kellogg’s stat line this year reveals 15 catches for 269 yards and three touchdowns. He averages 53.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 25 times.
- Devin McCuin has collected 220 yards on 14 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 44.0 yards per game.
- Trey Moore has 4.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 6.0 TFL and 20 tackles.
- Martavius French’s 29 tackles mean he’s the team’s top tackler.
UAB Statistical Leaders
- Jacob Zeno has 1,795 passing yards (299.2 per game) and a 75.5% completion percentage, throwing 12 touchdown passes and five interceptions. He also has 101 rushing yards on 48 carries (with three touchdowns), averaging 16.8 yards per game.
- Jermaine Brown Jr. has rushed for a team-leading 270 yards on 58 attempts (45.0 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns. He also averages 24.2 receiving yards per game, grabbing 19 passes for 145 yards.
- So far this year Isaiah Jacobs has run for 249 yards on 55 carries (41.5 yards per game), with three touchdowns.
- Tejhaun Palmer has been targeted 32 times and has 22 catches, leading his team with 350 yards (58.3 per game) while also scoring three touchdowns.
- Amare Thomas has tacked on 285 yards on 26 catches and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 33 times and averages 47.5 receiving yards.
- Fred Farrier II is averaging 33.0 yards per game, with 13 catches for 198 yards.
- Kevin Penn has notched a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Keondre Swoopes has racked up 34 tackles and one interception, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- BJ Mayes has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 16 tackles and two passes defended in six games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!