NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ACC Network
- City: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Venue: Lane Stadium
|Virginia Tech||– ()||O 48.5 (-113)||-105|
|Wake Forest||+ ()||U 48.5 (-112)||-116|
The Virginia Tech Hokies (2-4) are favored by points versus the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-2) on October 14, 2023, starting at 3:30 PM ET, airing on ACC Network. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 48.5.
In their last outing, the Hokies lost 39-17 to the Florida State Seminoles. Last time out, the Demon Deacons fell to the Clemson Tigers 17-12.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Virginia Tech vs. Wake Forest Key Stats
- Wake Forest’s defense has allowed 21.6 points per game this season, close to the same as the 23.5 Virginia Tech has scored.
- When it exceeds what Wake Forest gives up this season (21.6 points per game), Virginia Tech is 2-0 and 1-0 against the spread.
- Wake Forest is 2-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 23.5 points.
- Wake Forest racks up 25.6 points per game, comparable to the 26.7 Virginia Tech surrenders.
- Wake Forest is 1-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when the team scores more than 26.7 points.
- This season Virginia Tech is 1-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 25.6 points.
Below are some more important numbers from this season:
|Virginia Tech||Wake Forest|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||342.8 (87)||389.0 (106)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||354.8 (75)||338.4 (25)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||140.2 (90)||161.8 (61)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||202.7 (100)||227.2 (74)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||7 (49)||10 (94)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||6 (96)||9 (37)|
Virginia Tech vs. Wake Forest Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 49.1 points per game, 0.6 points more than the over/under of 48.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 48.3 points per game, 0.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Virginia Tech has won two games against the spread this season.
- Wake Forest has won two games against the spread this season.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Virginia Tech Statistical Leaders
- Kyron Drones has 722 passing yards (120.3 per game) and a 55.4% completion percentage (67-for-121) while firing four touchdowns and one interception. He also has 285 yards on the ground on 76 carries (plus four touchdowns), averaging 47.5 YPG.
- Bhayshul Tuten has run for a team-best 330 yards (55.0 per game) and two touchdowns. He also has 157 receiving yards on 16 catches and two touchdowns.
- Jaylin Lane has 18 catches (on 29 targets) and leads the team with 239 receiving yards (39.8 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Da’Quan Felton has 14 catches for 209 yards (34.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Dae’Quan Wright has caught 14 passes for 162 yards, averaging 27.0 yards per game.
- This season C.J. McCray leads the team with 3.0 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and 12 tackles.
- Keli Lawson’s 47 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception make him the team’s top tackler.
- Dorian Strong has picked off one pass to lead the team while adding nine tackles and one pass defended.
Wake Forest Statistical Leaders
- Mitch Griffis has thrown for 1,136 yards while completing 59.9% of his passes, with nine touchdowns and six interceptions (227.2 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 64 times for 64 yards.
- Demond Claiborne has run for a team-leading 371 yards on 82 attempts (74.2 yards per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- So far this year Justice Ellison has run for 253 yards on 45 carries (50.6 yards per game).
- Jahmal Banks has 32 catches (45 targets) and paces his team with 331 receiving yards (66.2 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Taylor Morin’s stat line this year shows 19 catches for 248 yards and two touchdowns. He averages 49.6 receiving yards per game.
- Wesley Grimes is averaging 48.0 receiving yards per game, racking up 12 receptions (25 targets) for 240 yards and two touchdowns.
- Jacob Roberts is the team leader in both sacks and tackles, putting up 5.0 sacks, 6.0 TFL and 30 tackles.
- DaShawn Jones has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 13 tackles and three passes defended in five games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!