NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: Fox Sports 1
- City: Morgantown, West Virginia
- Venue: Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium
|West Virginia||-9.5 (-116)||O 53.5 (+114)||-384|
|BYU||+9.5 (-105)||U 53.5 (-144)||+290|
The West Virginia Mountaineers (5-3) are solid favorites — expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -9.5) — versus the BYU Cougars (5-3) in a matchup of two conference rivals. An over/under of 53.5 points has been set for the matchup.
In their most recent game, the Mountaineers took down the UCF Knights 41-28. The Cougars’ last game was a 35-6 loss to the Texas Longhorns.
We’ve compiled all the details you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
West Virginia vs. BYU Key Stats
- West Virginia has averaged 5.2 more points this season (30.8) than BYU has allowed (25.6).
- West Virginia is 2-2 overall and 1-1 against the spread when it scores more than 25.6 points.
- BYU is 4-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread when it allows fewer than 30.8 points.
- BYU scores 24.9 points per game, comparable to the 26.5 West Virginia surrenders.
- When BYU records more than 26.5 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- When West Virginia surrenders fewer than 24.9 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
Below are some more need-to-know stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||401.0 (67)||300.6 (124)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||378.0 (66)||391.4 (83)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||203.3 (18)||81.3 (129)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||197.8 (103)||219.4 (79)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (47)||10 (47)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||11 (69)||18 (3)|
West Virginia vs. BYU Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 55.7 points per game, 2.2 points more than the over/under of 53.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 52.1 points per game, 1.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- West Virginia has put together a 4-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- BYU has won three games against the spread this season, failing to cover twice.
- BYU has not covered the spread this year (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
West Virginia Statistical Leaders
- Garrett Greene has 1,340 passing yards (167.5 per game) and a 53.5% completion percentage (85-for-159) while pitching eight touchdowns and two interceptions. He also has 404 yards on the ground on 72 attempts (plus eight touchdowns), averaging 50.5 yards per game.
- CJ Donaldson has picked up a team-best 574 rushing yards (71.8 per game) and seven scores.
- Devin Carter has reeled in 20 passes for a team best 358 yards and one touchdown. He averages 44.8 receiving yards per game.
- Hudson Clement has added 298 yards, on 12 catches plus four touchdowns. He puts up 37.3 receiving yards per game.
- Kole Taylor is averaging 32.8 yards per game, racking up 24 receptions (41 targets) for 262 yards and two touchdowns.
- This season Tomiwa Durojaiye leads the team with 3.0 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Lee Kpogba’s 48 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two sacks mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- This season Beanie Bishop leads the team with four interceptions and has added 32 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended.
BYU Statistical Leaders
- This season Kedon Slovis has racked up 1,716 passing yards (214.5 per game) while going 152-for-265 (57.4%) and throwing for 12 touchdowns with six interceptions.
- LJ Martin has rushed for a team-leading 438 yards on 96 attempts (54.8 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns.
- So far this season Aidan Robbins has rushed for 134 yards on 43 carries (16.8 yards per game).
- Chase Roberts has grabbed 33 passes for a team best 459 yards and four touchdowns. He has been targeted 55 times, and averages 57.4 yards per game.
- Darius Lassiter’s stat line this year reveals 28 catches for 347 yards and four touchdowns. He puts up 43.4 receiving yards per game.
- Isaac Rex has caught 25 passes on 49 targets for 332 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Tyler Batty leads the team with 3.5 sacks and has added 4.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- Max Tooley has totaled 52 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Jakob Robinson has picked off four passes to lead the team while adding 37 tackles and four passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!