NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Thursday, October 12, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: Fox Sports 1
- City: Houston, Texas
- Venue: John O’Quinn Field at TDECU Stadium
|West Virginia||-3.5 (-106)||O 52.5 (-112)||-161|
|Houston||+3.5 (-114)||U 52.5 (-113)||+131|
The West Virginia Mountaineers (4-1) and Houston Cougars (2-3) will meet in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Mountaineers are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The total for this one is set at 52.5 points.
The Mountaineers took on the TCU Horned Frogs in their most recent game, winning 24-21. Last time out, the Cougars were defeated by the Texas Tech Red Raiders 49-28.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
West Virginia vs. Houston Key Stats
- Houston has allowed an average of 29.8 points per game, 3.4 more than the 26.4 West Virginia has scored.
- When the Cougars defense allows fewer than 26.4 points, Houston has put together a 2-0 overall record and a 2-0 record against the spread.
- This year Houston scores 8.4 more points per game (27.4) than West Virginia surrenders (19.0).
- Houston is 1-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall in games when it scores more than 19.0 points.
- When West Virginia gives up fewer than 27.4 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
Here are a few more important numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||347.4 (119)||414.0 (83)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||335.4 (24)||405.8 (61)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||191.8 (32)||133.0 (94)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||155.6 (122)||281.0 (25)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||5 (16)||3 (4)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||5 (109)||9 (37)|
West Virginia vs. Houston Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The total for the contest of 52.5 is 1.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for West Virginia (26.4 points per game) and Houston (27.4 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 48.8 points per game, 3.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- West Virginia has compiled a 3-1-0 ATS record so far this year.
- Houston has won two games against the spread this year.
- Houston has not covered the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year (in one opportunity).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a look at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
West Virginia Statistical Leaders
- Garrett Greene has 544 passing yards (108.8 YPG) and a 52.9% completion percentage (36-for-68) while pitching four touchdowns. He also has 185 yards on the ground on 33 attempts (plus three touchdowns), averaging 37.0 yards per game.
- CJ Donaldson has rushed for a team-best 348 yards (69.6 YPG) and four touchdowns.
- Hudson Clement has 10 catches (on 16 targets) and leads the team with 239 receiving yards (47.8 per game) while hauling in three touchdowns.
- Kole Taylor has 13 catches for 166 yards (33.2 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Devin Carter has collected 141 yards on nine receptions, averaging 28.2 yards per game.
- Tomiwa Durojaiye has notched a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and eight tackles.
- Lee Kpogba’s 29 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack make him the team’s tackle leader.
- Beanie Bishop has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 19 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended in five games this season.
Houston Statistical Leaders
- Donovan Smith has thrown for 1,347 yards while completing 64.4% of his passes, with nine touchdowns and three interceptions (269.4 yards per game). He also has 55 carries for 163 yards and three touchdowns.
- Parker Jenkins has 41 attempts for a team-high 218 rushing yards (43.6 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Sam Brown has been targeted 48 times and has 33 catches, leading his team with 518 yards (103.6 per game) while also scoring one touchdown.
- Joseph Manjack IV has been targeted 33 times, and tacked on 292 yards (on 25 catches) and two touchdowns.
- Matthew Golden is averaging 52.2 receiving yards per game, racking up 24 receptions (42 targets) for 261 yards and four touchdowns.
- Nelson Ceaser has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 5.0 TFL and 20 tackles.
- Malik Robinson has totaled 31 tackles to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Malik Fleming has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 17 tackles and three passes defended in five games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!