NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- City: Jacksonville, Alabama
- Venue: Burgess-Snow Field at JSU Stadium
|Western Kentucky||-6.5 (-121)||O 60.5 (-119)||-303|
|Jacksonville State||+6.5 (+100)||U 60.5 (-106)||+235|
The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (4-2) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -6.5) — versus the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (5-2) in a battle of two conference rivals. The matchup has an over/under of 60.5 points.
In their most recent outing, the Hilltoppers won 35-28 over the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs. The Gamecocks are coming off of a loss to the Liberty Flames by the score of 31-13.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Western Kentucky vs. Jacksonville State Key Stats
- Western Kentucky, on average, scores 12.8 more points (32.2) than Jacksonville State allows (19.4).
- In games where Western Kentucky scores over 19.4 points, it is 4-1 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- Jacksonville State is 5-2 overall and 3-2 against the spread when it allows fewer than 32.2 points.
- Jacksonville State averages 28 points per game, comparable to the 29 Western Kentucky surrenders.
- Jacksonville State is 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when the team scores more than 29 points.
- Western Kentucky has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 3-1 record overall when it allows opponents to score less than 28 points.
Below are some more need-to-know figures from this season:
|Western Kentucky||Jacksonville State|
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||390 (89)||362.6 (65)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||460.2 (109)||362.7 (90)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||103.3 (120)||204 (15)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||286.7 (26)||158.6 (122)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (56)||7 (35)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||16 (1)||16 (1)|
Western Kentucky vs. Jacksonville State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- The total for the contest of 60.5 is 0.3 points more than the combined points per game averages for Western Kentucky (32.2 points per game) and Jacksonville State (28 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 48.4 points per game, 12.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- Western Kentucky has won four games against the spread this season, while failing to cover once.
- Jacksonville State has won three games against the spread this year, failing to cover twice.
- Western Kentucky has covered the spread when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites in two of two games this season.
- Jacksonville State has not covered the spread when an underdog by 6.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Western Kentucky Statistical Leaders
- Austin Reed has thrown for 1,658 yards while connecting on 60.8% of his passes (149-for-245), with 14 touchdowns and three interceptions (276.3 yards per game). He’s also run the ball 24 times for 74 yards and three touchdowns.
- Markese Stepp has racked up a team-leading 180 rushing yards (30 per game) plus two touchdowns.
- LT Sanders has run for 127 yards (21.2 YPG).
- Malachi Corley has 37 catches (on 59 targets) and leads the team with 543 receiving yards (90.5 per game) while hauling in five touchdowns.
- Easton Messer’s stat line this year reveals 24 catches for 299 yards and three touchdowns. He puts up 49.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 29 times.
- Jimmy Holiday is averaging 22.7 yards per game, racking up 10 receptions (18 targets) for 136 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Kendrick Simpkins leads the team with five sacks and has added five TFL and 23 tackles.
- Talique Allen’s 32 tackles mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- This season Takulve Williams leads the team with one interception and has added 14 tackles and one pass defended.
Jacksonville State Statistical Leaders
- Logan Smothers has thrown for 638 yards while completing 56.9% of his passes, with five touchdowns and two interceptions (91.1 yards per game). He also has 65 carries for 253 yards and six touchdowns.
- Malik Jackson has run for a team-high 578 yards on 104 carries (82.6 yards per game) and four touchdowns.
- Perry Carter Jr. has hauled in 18 receptions for 325 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 46.4 receiving yards per game.
- Quinton Lane has chipped in with 14 catches for 167 yards and one touchdown this year. He has been targeted 23 times, and puts up 23.9 receiving yards.
- Sean Brown has caught 11 passes on 23 targets for 148 yards and two touchdowns.
- Chris Hardie has notched a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding five TFL, 28 tackles, and one interception.
- Quae Drake’s 38 tackles, one TFL, and one interception mean he’s the team’s leading tackler.
- Kekoura Tarnue has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 18 tackles, one TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!