NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: Fox Sports 1
- City: Champaign, Illinois
- Venue: Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL)
|Wisconsin||-3.5 (-107)||O 43.5 (-112)||-172|
|Illinois||+3.5 (-113)||U 43.5 (-113)||+140|
The Wisconsin Badgers (4-2) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5) — versus the Illinois Fighting Illini (3-4) in a battle of two conference rivals. The predicted point total for the matchup is 43.5.
The Badgers head into the matchup after losing 15-6 to the Iowa Hawkeyes in their last game on October 14. Last time out, the Fighting Illini defeated the Maryland Terrapins 27-24.
We’ve got all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Wisconsin vs. Illinois Key Stats
- Illinois’ defense has allowed 28.1 points per game this season, about the same as the 27.2 Wisconsin has scored.
- Wisconsin is 3-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread when it scores more than 28.1 points.
- Illinois is 2-1 overall and 1-2 against the spread when it allows fewer than 27.2 points.
- Illinois averages just 2.5 more points per game (20.3) than Wisconsin surrenders (17.8).
- When Illinois puts up more than 17.8 points, it is 1-3 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- When Wisconsin allows fewer than 20.3 points, it is 2-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
Below are a few more important figures from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||398.7 (82)||371.6 (57)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||335.2 (26)||398.4 (116)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||185.8 (32)||124.6 (103)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||212.8 (88)||247.0 (53)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||10 (74)||14 (126)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||10 (45)||9 (61)|
Wisconsin vs. Illinois Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 47.5 points per game, 4.0 points more than the point total of 43.5 for this game.
- The 45.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 2.4 more than the 43.5 total in this contest.
- Wisconsin has won two games against the spread this season.
- Illinois has won just one game against the spread this year.
- Wisconsin has been favored by 3.5 points or more four times this season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- Illinois has covered the spread once this year (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have fared against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Wisconsin Statistical Leaders
- Tanner Mordecai has 1,128 yards through the air (188.0 per game) and a 63.7% completion percentage (114-for-179), throwing three touchdown passes and three interceptions. He also has 161 rushing yards on 51 carries (with four touchdowns).
- Braelon Allen has 91 carries for a team-high 559 rushing yards (93.2 per game) and seven touchdowns.
- Chez Mellusi has 306 rushing yards on 51 attempts, and four touchdowns.
- Will Pauling has been targeted 42 times and has 30 catches, leading his team with 303 yards (50.5 ypg).
- Chimere Dike has chipped in with 15 receptions (on 28 targets) for 272 yards, scoring one touchdown.
- Bryson Green has 204 receiving yards on 15 receptions (31 targets), averaging 34.0 yards per game.
- James Thompson Jr. has registered a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Hunter Wohler has collected 46 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season Ricardo Hallman leads the team with four interceptions and has added 11 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended.
Illinois Statistical Leaders
- This year Luke Altmyer has collected 1,576 passing yards (225.1 per game) while going 138-for-218 (63.3%) and throwing for eight touchdowns with nine interceptions. He has added 201 rushing yards on 67 carries with three touchdowns.
- Reggie Love III has run for a team-high 252 yards on 51 attempts (36.0 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Kaden Feagin has 232 yards on 43 carries (33.1 yards per game), with one rushing touchdown.
- Isaiah Williams has grabbed 42 passes for a team best 546 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 71 times, and averages 78.0 yards per game.
- Pat Bryant has also added 23 catches for 297 yards and five touchdowns this season. He has been targeted 35 times, and puts up 42.4 receiving yards.
- Casey Washington has 237 receiving yards on 21 receptions (29 targets).
- Seth Coleman has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 4.0 TFL and 25 tackles.
- Dylan Rosiek has totaled 41 tackles and 3.0 TFL, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- Xavier Scott has picked off two passes to lead the team while adding 38 tackles and three passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!