NHL betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Game Info, Moneyline and Over/Under
|Devils||-1.5 (+193)||O 5.5 (+105)||-138|
|Hurricanes||+1.5 (-243)||U 5.5 (-133)||+113|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Devils vs. Hurricanes, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
- When: Sunday, May 7, 2023 at 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: TBS, SN1, and TVAS
- Where: Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey
Game 3 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round will see the New Jersey Devils host the Carolina Hurricanes on Sunday, May 7, beginning at 3:30 PM ET on TBS, SN1, and TVAS. The Hurricanes are ahead in the series 2-0. The Devils are favored, with -138 moneyline odds, in this game against the Hurricanes, who have +113 moneyline odds.
The Devils are 5-5-0 in their past 10 games, scoring 24 goals while giving up 30 in that period. On 31 power-play opportunities during that span, they have scored five goals (16.1%). The Hurricanes have put up an 8-2-0 record over their past 10 contests. They have scored 37 total goals (six power-play goals on 35 power-play opportunities during that time, for a conversion rate of 17.1%) while conceding 21 goals to their opponents.
Devils vs. Hurricanes 2022-23 Key Stats
- The Devils score the fourth-most goals in the NHL (289 total, 3.5 per game).
- Defensively, the Devils are one of the stingiest squads in league play, giving up 222 total goals (2.7 per game) to rank eighth.
- Their +67 goal differential is third-best in the league.
- The 49 power-play goals the Devils have recorded this season (to rank 20th in the NHL) have come on 224 power-play chances.
- The Hurricanes have 262 goals this season (3.2 per game), 15th in the NHL.
- The Hurricanes’ total of 210 goals conceded (2.6 per game) is second in the league.
- With a goal differential of +52, they are seventh-best in the league.
- The Hurricanes have 50 power-play goals (18th in NHL) on 253 chances.
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
Devils vs. Hurricanes Betting The Puck Line & Moneyline
- In 36 games this season, New Jersey and its opponent have combined for more than 5.5 goals.
- Carolina’s games this season have had more than 5.5 goals 27 of 52 times.
- These teams rack up 6.7 goals per match between them, 1.2 more than this game’s over/under.
- These two teams allow a combined 5.3 goals per game, 0.2 fewer than this match’s total.
- The Devils have won 23 of their 37 games when listed as a moneyline favorite this season (62.2%).
- This season the Hurricanes have been an underdog five times, and won three of those games.
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -138 or shorter, New Jersey has a record of 18-4 (winning 81.8%).
- Carolina has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +113 moneyline in this game.
Devils Key Players
- Jack Hughes is currently one of New Jersey’s leading contributors (99 total points), having collected 43 goals and 56 assists.
- Nico Hischier has 31 goals and 49 assists to total 80 points (one per game).
- Dougie Hamilton’s season total of 75 points has come from 22 goals and 53 assists.
- In 52 games, Vitek Vanecek has a record of 33-11-4. He has conceded 119 goals (2.45 goals against average) and has recorded 1214 saves.
Hurricanes Key Players
- Martin Necas has scored 28 goals (0.3 per game) and dished out 43 assists (0.5 per game), fueling the Carolina offense with 71 total points (0.9 per game). He takes 2.9 shots per game, shooting 11.7%.
- Sebastian Aho is a top offensive contributor for Carolina with 68 total points this season. He has scored 36 goals and added 32 assists in 75 games.
- Brent Burns has 60 points so far, including 18 goals and 42 assists.
- Frederik Andersen is 21-11-1 this season, collecting 766 saves and allowing 82 goals (2.5 goals against average) with a .903 save percentage (24th in the league).
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering NHL fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!