NHL betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Game Info, Moneyline and Over/Under
|Devils||-1.5 (+167)||O 5.5 (-105)||-153|
|Hurricanes||+1.5 (-208)||U 5.5 (-120)||+125|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Devils vs. Hurricanes, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
- When: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN, SportsNet, CBC, and TVAS
- Where: Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey
The New Jersey Devils and Carolina Hurricanes face off in Game 4 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round at Prudential Center on Tuesday, May 9, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN, SportsNet, CBC, and TVAS. The Hurricanes lead 2-1 in the series. Bookmakers list the Hurricanes as the underdog in this matchup, with +125 odds on the moneyline against the Devils (-153).
During the last 10 contests for the Devils, their offense has scored 27 goals while their defense has conceded 30 (they have a 5-5-0 record in those games). In 33 power-play opportunities during that time, they have capitalized with five goals (15.2% conversion rate). The Hurricanes’ offense has put up 37 goals in their past 10 games, while their defense has given up 28 goals. They have registered 36 power-play opportunities during that time, and have scored six goals (16.7%). They are 7-3-0 over those contests.
Devils vs. Hurricanes 2022-23 Key Stats
- The Devils’ 289 total goals (3.5 per game) rank fourth in the NHL.
- The Devils have conceded 222 total goals (2.7 per game), the eighth-fewest in NHL play.
- They have the league’s third-best goal differential at +67.
- The 49 power-play goals the Devils have put up this season (to rank 20th in the NHL) have come on 224 power-play chances.
- The Hurricanes have 262 goals this season (3.2 per game), 15th in the NHL.
- The Hurricanes’ total of 210 goals given up (2.6 per game) is second in the league.
- Their +52 goal differential is seventh-best in the league.
- With 50 power-play goals (on 253 chances), the Hurricanes are 18th in the NHL.
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
Devils vs. Hurricanes Betting The Puck Line & Moneyline
- In 37 games this season, New Jersey and its opponent have combined for more than 5.5 goals.
- Carolina has combined with its opponent to score more than 5.5 goals in 28 of 53 games this season.
- The teams combine to score 6.7 goals per game, 1.2 more than this match’s over/under.
- Opponents of these two teams score 5.3 goals per game combined, 0.2 fewer than this match’s total.
- The Devils have a 24-14 record when listed as a moneyline favorite this season.
- The Hurricanes have been made an underdog six times this season, and won three of those games.
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -153 or shorter, New Jersey has a 15-4 record (winning 78.9% of its games).
- Carolina has not been set as a bigger underdog this season than the +125 moneyline for this matchup.
Devils Key Players
- One of New Jersey’s leading offensives player this season is Jack Hughes, who has 99 points (43 goals, 56 assists) and plays an average of 19:57 per game.
- Nico Hischier has 31 goals and 49 assists to total 80 points (one per game).
- Dougie Hamilton has 75 total points for New Jersey, with 22 goals and 53 assists.
- Vitek Vanecek has a record of 33-11-4. He has conceded 119 goals (2.4 goals against average) and racked up 1214 saves with a .911 save percentage (15th in the league).
Hurricanes Key Players
- Martin Necas has racked up 71 points (0.9 per game) for Carolina, with 28 goals and 43 assists in 82 games (playing 18:24 per game).
- Sebastian Aho has scored 68 total points (0.9 per game) this campaign. He has 36 goals and 32 assists.
- Carolina’s Brent Burns is among the leading scorers on the team with 60 total points (18 goals and 42 assists).
- Frederik Andersen is 21-11-1 this season, amassing 766 saves and giving up 82 goals (2.5 goals against average) with a .903 save percentage (24th in the league).
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering NHL fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!